Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I ripped again my entire CD collection with loseless quality, on an USB stick, when I got the iPace. Really enjoy the quality of the 825w meridian system.
I did this, all ripped to FLAC and onto USB. Sound is fantastic. (Tidal was great while I had trial hifi subscription) Have also loaded on my NAS and bought a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 network streamer for hifi system. Fab

·
Registered
560 Posts
I hate the business model of those spotify, Tidal, … your subscription does not go to the artist you listen to, it goes to the most popular of the moment. So you basically listen for free to your local artist, while the big international one gets your money. No way ! I always buy CD from my favourite artists, at least I know they will get some money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can anyone say what the Meridian system is like with Apple Music, please? I’ve got an HSE on order, and am curious if I’ll get the most out of the system? I don’t believe special audio works through CarPlay yet, but not sure about lossless?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Apple music streams music in the compressed AAC codec, so the music is not lossless. Spotify similarly streams music in compressed mp3. Tidal and a few other streaming services can offer CD quality (lossless) and even higher quality music streaming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Apple Music offers lossless too (ALAC), you need to select it, as well as Dolby atmos. Not sure if they work with CarPlay though.
I didn’t know that. Apple Music could be a viable alternative to Tidal HIFI then. I am not too fond of neither Spotify nor Tidal, due to their business models, and could happily switch to Apple Music.

Spotify allowed the controversial anti-vaccine commentator Joe Rogan to use their platform, resulting in Neil Young and Joni Mitchell pulling all of their music from Spotify. Here in Norway there was a controversy between the musicians copyright organisation and Tidal, where Tidal was accused of manipulating data about how many times music from certain artists was played, resulting in sky high payment to these artists. Maybe Apple Music is the better alternative?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts