1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think they updated the video with track map and inset view of the driver.

Notice the occasional one-handed turns.

(I live 1/2 hour from the track, but since I'm out in the hills (bad roads) I'm getting 18" wheels -- and so will have to live the experience through this video.)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul J. said:
Note the complete Horlicks the driver made of turn one. If you take account of this you could knock a further second off the lap time. 😉
So it wasn't just me that felt it wasn't a perfect lap - I am certainly not a professional driver and my only Laguna Sega experience comes from Gran Turismo but my racing lines were different.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Paul J. said:
Note the complete Horlicks the driver made of turn one. If you take account of this you could knock a further second off the lap time. 😉
So it wasn't just me that felt it wasn't a perfect lap - I am certainly not a professional driver and my only Laguna Sega experience comes from Gran Turismo but my racing lines were different.
Ouch, I am a Tesla fan, and that driver probably did a better job than I could, but watching the video I kept seeing bad turns after bad turns - how much faster do you think a better driver could do this track?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
And the I-pace already lost the record to Lucid Air and not by a little bit

https://carbuzz.com/news/a-lucid-air-just-beat-the-jag-i-pace-s-ev-lap-record-at-laguna-seca
As it says, "
First, this particular car had swapped out its interior for a 6-point roll cage and fire-suppression system for safety and it was also fitted with upgraded brake pads and high-boiling point brake fluid, which should count for a few seconds on a track. Secondly, the Lucid Air is not actually in production yet, whereas the I-Pace was a totally standard model you can order today". So not beaten by a production car and not by a lot

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
duncanrohan said:
As it says, "
First, this particular car had swapped out its interior for a 6-point roll cage and fire-suppression system for safety and it was also fitted with upgraded brake pads and high-boiling point brake fluid, which should count for a few seconds on a track. Secondly, the Lucid Air is not actually in production yet, whereas the I-Pace was a totally standard model you can order today". So not beaten by a production car and not by a lot
True and fair but at same time the Lucid was driven by an Engineer while the I-pace was driven by a professional race driver with real circuit knowledge. Still find that the race driver took odd racing lines and didn't complete a tidy lap giving me the impression that the I-pace could actually lap quicker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts