Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just paid the deposit on a 2021MY HSE under the approved used offer. Should collect it early next week. Coming from a 530d xdrive touring.
Decided to go full EV seven months after getting a VW ID.3. The BMW was rapidly demoted to second car, despite being a great diesel car it feels so sluggish and rough after electric.
Kept it for a family holiday to South of France where it was in it’s element on the long drive but seeing the number of empty charge stations on the autoroute gave me confidence that whilst that kind of journey will take much much longer in future I can live with that for the many benefits the rest of the year.
Didn’t even test the BMW iX when I saw the deals available on the I-Pace, looks like Jaguar registerd a load in the last days of 2020. Also went secondhand as they have features you can’t presently get on the new ones.
To be honest I had not really picked up on the i-Pace until I started looking for a premium electric and reading reviews. First test drive and I was sold on it.

Looking forward to being part of the forum. The information available has been invaluable as I moved through the buying process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was in the same boat with the deals when I purchased mine a few months back. I didn’t even look at used after previously seeing how much Land Rovers were going for (close to new price, some more), but I thought I’d have a glance over Jaguars by chance one day just to see how bad the used car market was for that side of the company and to my surprise the iPace had some great deals. Within a week of looking I also purchased a MY21 iPace HSE.

Buying new wasn’t an option after JLR stripped the spec off the cars and charged more for less. The MY21 gives you Pivi, 360 cam, the glass roof, hud, adaptive cruise… it’s a great spec! There are only two things missing really and that’s clearsight rear view and steering assist. But there both features I could live without, especially when steer assist isn’t the best and clearsight can be retrofitted.

It really is a brilliant car so congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Excellent to hear.
post pictures of your new purchase when it arrives, we all like a good picture or two

Reactions: elbocko

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up this evening, was a little sad to let the BMW go until I drove away in the I-Pace. Instantly knew I had made the correct decision, no looking back. At the time I got the 530d xdrive touring all the reviews said it was all the car you would ever need. How the world has changed in a short period of time.

So smooth to drive and addictively rapid. The software integration is so much better than VWs sub standard effort with the ID.3.
I totally get the reviews that say it is just a great car that happens to be electric.

Very pleased - there must be a catch….

·
Registered
8 Posts
So smooth to drive and addictively rapid. The software integration is so much better than VWs sub standard effort with the ID.3.
Pivi used to be a nightmare when I had it on my Evoque and would delete your profile and saved radio stations but since they've updated it, it's perfect in my opinion, especially with Alexa integration. Pivi was one of the things that made me choose the iPace.

I'm not sure what VW have done wrong with their infotainment, we've recently returned a Leon which uses the same infotainment as the ID's and it was unbelievably buggy to the extent that it would decide you were a different driver doing 70mph on the motorway, change your profile and move your seat to a very squished position. SOS fault which wouldn't go away even though the SOS worked (dealer said they couldn't fix). It's in great need of a huge update as it could be a good system.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Picked up this evening, was a little sad to let the BMW go until I drove away in the I-Pace. Instantly knew I had made the correct decision, no looking back. At the time I got the 530d xdrive touring all the reviews said it was all the car you would ever need. How the world has changed in a short period of time.

I totally get the reviews that say it is just a great car that happens to be electric.

Very pleased - there must be a catch….
Glad you are enjoying it and I have had mine just over 8 weeks and I still look forward to driving it.

Last Sept I placed a lease order for an Audi Q4 50 Sportback Vorsprung, but Audi cancelled it in Jan 2022 and caimed it was an admin error by the lease company and not their fault. They kindly offered to let me re-order at over 10% higher cost and I would go to the back of the queue for delivery next January - March. I declined their ‘kind’ offer because frankly it’s not like the Q4 is in any way special compared to its competitors.

My existing lease was due to end in July so I had to test and order a car that would be delivered in less than 6 months. I tested an I-Pace SE and all thoughts of poor efficiency and slower rapid charging evaporated. So I ordered an I-Pace HSE Black throught the NHS Leasing company back in January. I have been enjoying driving my it since the end of May.

Incidentally, my previous car was an E-Tron 50 and during its last service I was given a Q 40 loaner. At this point I had the I-Pace as well. All I could think of when driving the Q4 was the sea of cheap grey plastic and how boring it was to drive. That was when I realised I had dodged a bullet.

I still have a morbid curiosity and visit the Q4 Forum I used to frequent. There are still people waiting on their Q4 depsite ordering last Sept/Oct etc. I cannot fathom how they keep their orders because there are better EVs out there with far quicker delivery times than 18 months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just paid the deposit on a 2021MY HSE under the approved used offer. Should collect it early next week. Coming from a 530d xdrive touring.
Decided to go full EV seven months after getting a VW ID.3. The BMW was rapidly demoted to second car, despite being a great diesel car it feels so sluggish and rough after electric.
Kept it for a family holiday to South of France where it was in it’s element on the long drive but seeing the number of empty charge stations on the autoroute gave me confidence that whilst that kind of journey will take much much longer in future I can live with that for the many benefits the rest of the year.
Didn’t even test the BMW iX when I saw the deals available on the I-Pace, looks like Jaguar registerd a load in the last days of 2020. Also went secondhand as they have features you can’t presently get on the new ones.
To be honest I had not really picked up on the i-Pace until I started looking for a premium electric and reading reviews. First test drive and I was sold on it.

Looking forward to being part of the forum. The information available has been invaluable as I moved through the buying process.
Enjoy the new car, I also came from a 5 series, albeit a 520d X-Drive (G30) and although I miss the iDrive, I wouldn’t go back. Best car I’ve owned to date.

If your getting the Pod Point installed and unless your under some existing magical fixed deal, make sure you take a look at the Octopus EV tariffs (especially Octopus Intelligent).

Reactions: lnorange
1 - 7 of 7 Posts