Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Waiting to see the I-Pace in the flesh first and a test drive and the price/spec list , drive at the moment a Toyota CHR but I have fallen in love with the style of the I-Pace, had a Nissan Leaf before which I loved just the range was crap and want to go back to electric again but also thinking about rear leg for my parents as they find the rear legroom in the back of the CHR is very limited hope the I-Pace will be alot better.

PS I have a reservation for the Tesla Model 3 but think the I-Pace will be best suited dependent on price of the certain spec I choose.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

There were not any deals on F-Pace for first year or so but now £3K to £4K discounts (BroadSpeed).

Price of batteries (roughly $175/kWh now) should also come down which should aid discounting in future. ...unlike Porsche who do not 'do' discounts!

Cheers,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd update my post have decided in June to take a look at a Test Drive model and go from there, if all works out will more than likely make my mind up quite quickly mind you most likely order one January 2019 as I currently own a 66 plate CHR and it'll also give my friend time to save up to purchase the CHR from em have laso found out from a friend that knows JLR veyr well what sort out discounts I should be able to negotiate at the time :) and was told discount is quite possible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There's quite a few of us that choked on our cornflakes over the price. A huge, missed opportunity in my mind, to lead the world with a top class car for affordable prices. Not for us plebs just yet. I could afford one, but could not justify one. A new Mercedes GLC diesel (3 litre with everything!) and £25,000 in the bank is a more rational decision. Unless you're very green...

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's quite a few of us that choked on our cornflakes over the price. A huge, missed opportunity in my mind, to lead the world with a top class car for affordable prices. Not for us plebs just yet. I could afford one, but could not justify one. A new Mercedes GLC diesel (3 litre with everything!) and £25,000 in the bank is a more rational decision. Unless you're very green...

Please think twice. Electric cars are not designed to be cheap in the first place. If "you can afford one but cannot justify one" you seems to have your balance sheet in mind. Of course you may do so, but aren't you missing the point here? EV's can attribute to a cleaner world. With air pollution causing 14.000 deaths/year (In the Netherlands only) and alarming CO2 levels, can you justify to choose for the Mercedes diesel?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
dr.tube said:

Please think twice. Electric cars are not designed to be cheap in the first place. If "you can afford one but cannot justify one" you seems to have your balance sheet in mind. Of course you may do so, but aren't you missing the point here? EV's can attribute to a cleaner world. With air pollution causing 14.000 deaths/year (In the Netherlands only) and alarming CO2 levels, can you justify to choose for the Mercedes diesel?
For me the green stuff is a nice to have bonus but the core reason to go I-pace is that I will pay €35 less per month for income tax compared to my current Skoda Octavia Greenline (14%) while getting a much more luxurious, functionality rich and fast accelarating car to drive. That I might be limited in long distance trips or those trips take longer I am willing to accept.

I have 18 solarpanels on my roof and my utilities usage is far below average - as long as there is a financial benefit I am willing to accept certain minor disadvantages to life a greener life.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No its not just the money. I can plant 20,000 trees with the £25,000 difference.
Plus, and its a very big plus, the Carbon footprint of new fully electric vehicles is HIGHER than a Euro 6+ diesel (ignoring new technology about to hit the market) unless it runs on totally renewable energy. By not making the vehicle more widely available, as Jaguar could, limits the "green" image to 1% of the(rich) car buying public.
Not auspicious, is it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts