Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you add to your iPace if your Fairy God Mother granted you one wish…and only one wish? (Obviously you’d wish for ever lasting wishes!) …500km range? 200kW charging speed? A lighter vehicle? A better app? One charging card for every single Charger what ever brand?… what would ad? Choose wisely…
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably the most intelligent answer there will be… aside from an eleven year warranty!
For me an extra 50 miles range would be most advantageous
Not much else wrong, faster charging less important to me.
Morning Delta 5

Yes I think that would be a big benefit. For me around London that would result in charging once every three weeks instead of every two at the moment. I think the 500km (300mile) real world range is a good benchmark starting point. A Taycan only gets 320km (200miles)…

·
Registered
583 Posts
On my current I-Pace I wish for some software upgrades;
In dynamic and race track modes;
More settings for dampers, brakes and settings for torque split

General:
Dials for battery temperature, coolant, voltage levels, etc...
A way to prioritize heating of the battery

I guess software upgrade counts as one wish?

Reactions: Aurora Blue

·
Registered
2018 HSE Silicon Silver with the F-Type interior
90 Posts
  • life time warranty
  • rounded off shin hurter
  • a more comfortable ride in access height
  • better audio surround presets as current ones are all bad, or just go BOSE or B&W
  • automatically retractable tow hook with 1500kg pull limit
  • digital rear air condition knobs
  • a modifiable engine sound (V8 supercharger with exhaust note please)
  • better noise cancellation in the cabin
  • deeper storage spaces
-

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my current I-Pace I wish for some software upgrades;
In dynamic and race track modes;
More settings for dampers, brakes and settings for torque split

General:
Dials for battery temperature, coolant, voltage levels, etc...
A way to prioritize heating of the battery

I guess software upgrade counts as one wish?
Yes all of those things in both the app and as a software upgrade would be positive improvements just in general.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
  • life time warranty
  • rounded off shin hurter
  • a more comfortable ride in access height
  • better audio surround presets as current ones are all bad, or just go BOSE or B&W
  • automatically retractable tow hook with 1500kg pull limit
  • digital rear air condition knobs
  • a modifiable engine sound (V8 supercharger with exhaust note please)
  • better noise cancellation in the cabin
  • deeper storage spaces
-
Good morning FFW

I guess that all comes under the ‘one wish’ of a ‘Better Car?!’ LoL

·
Registered
MY21, Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Panorama, Active Air Suspension, Configurable Dynamics
26 Posts
Larger and quicker infotainment screen with better UX, it’s still a bit sluggish even after Pivi came along. I still feel Tesla are miles ahead others in that segment, even though they have their own struggles, hehe.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Larger and quicker infotainment screen with better UX, it’s still a bit sluggish even after Pivi came along. I still feel Tesla are miles ahead others in that segment, even though they have their own struggles, hehe.
Yes I agree there. A larger screen for navigation and maps is primary a benefit by itself. But a larger screen can also hold more icons and need less pages and therefore less ‘swiping’.
One thing I hate on any car no matter how old or new is when there is a ‘laggy’ screen. It just screams ‘budget’ design and components.

In this area… Tesla are a generation ahead. I still prefer my instrument cluster in front of me but yes a bigger infotainment screen size and performance would make life easier for the driver.

·
Registered
MY21, Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Panorama, Active Air Suspension, Configurable Dynamics
26 Posts
Yes I agree there. A larger screen for navigation and maps is primary a benefit by itself. But a larger screen can also hold more icons and need less pages and therefore less ‘swiping’.
One thing I hate on any car no matter how old or new is when there is a ‘laggy’ screen. It just screams ‘budget’ design and components.

In this area… Tesla are a generation ahead. I still prefer my instrument cluster in front of me but yes a bigger infotainment screen size and performance would make life easier for the driver.
I could probably extend this to the complete connectivity aspect of the car, going from app to infotainment. In the I-Pace it feels like an afterthought in an otherwise awesome car! The focus on new and evolving tech through continuous OTA updates is the one aspect I miss from my Tesla. By all means, the Jag also has OTA updates, but I guess they’re not as interested in updating the car as often unfortunately…

·
Registered
2018 HSE Silicon Silver with the F-Type interior
90 Posts
Most of the modifications I suggested are software :)
(If I were Meridian I would take matters into my own hands as this premium " surround experience" is just really bad advertisement for their brand)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Charging system with more performance (ie. as Audi etron: 150 kW from 5% up to 80%) incl. active battery heating (automatic and manual).

·
Registered
5 Posts
What would you add to your iPace if your Fairy God Mother granted you one wish…and only one wish? (Obviously you’d wish for ever lasting wishes!) …500km range? 200kW charging speed? A lighter vehicle? A better app? One charging card for every single Charger what ever brand?… what would ad? Choose wisely…
View attachment 7534
Vehicle to load. Then I could plug in my induction on go and have decent brew.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Competent dealers

1 - 20 of 60 Posts