Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes I agree there. A larger screen for navigation and maps is primary a benefit by itself. But a larger screen can also hold more icons and need less pages and therefore less ‘swiping’.
One thing I hate on any car no matter how old or new is when there is a ‘laggy’ screen. It just screams ‘budget’ design and components.

In this area… Tesla are a generation ahead. I still prefer my instrument cluster in front of me but yes a bigger infotainment screen size and performance would make life easier for the driver.
I don't know what are the tech spec for PiviPro, but for the InControl TouchPro, we have a aged 2012 quad Core 1.9 GHz atom microprocessor with 4GB of RAM, on the motherboard. Tesla is using nvidia and latest AMD. That makes a lot of difference...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't know what are the tech spec for PiviPro, but for the InControl TouchPro, we have a aged 2012 quad Core 1.9 GHz atom microprocessor with 4GB of RAM, on the motherboard. Tesla is using nvidia and latest AMD. That makes a lot of difference...
I can’t agree more. One thing I hate is when companies save on memory and chips and you have lag. My TouchPro 2 isn’t too bad but sometimes it sits there and doesn’t know what it’s doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A 2500kg towbar for a horsebox would be nice!

But for me the major improvement would be to attend to the rubbish lane assist and cruise control. Far less use friendly than our BMW i3. Along with such a small font for time, temp, cruise control, etc that it is a hassle to use.
Don't know who was the idiot who designed/signed off on these aspects.

Thoughtless and incomprehensible. Maybe a software update will help but we've just had the latest and some things are worse - so I won't hold my breath.

These aspects spoil the enjoyment of the car which in other respects is great.

·
Registered
2021 HSE
60 Posts
I'd be happy if the cameras would support acting as a built-in dashcam - just let me plug a memory stick into a USB port to act as the buffer and I wouldn't need a separate one stuck to my windscreen. The car has a full 360 degree view so why not let me record that?

For those wondering on the Pivi Pro hardware it's 2x quad core snapdragon 820Am CPUs (Am = automotive). Pretty decent units honestly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What would you add to your iPace if your Fairy God Mother granted you one wish…and only one wish? (Obviously you’d wish for ever lasting wishes!) …500km range? 200kW charging speed? A lighter vehicle? A better app? One charging card for every single Charger what ever brand?… what would ad? Choose wisely…
View attachment 7534
A magic Anti dust dash surface

·
Registered
304 Posts
A decent iPhone app to set charging targets and schedule charging correctly without having to do it in car. It is so bad I just set 100% charging and leave it because you inevitably forget you have it set to 80% prior to a long journey.

Please don't say MyPace, I did say decent.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I added wireless charging with a charging pad from eBay for about £10. Plugs into the USB port alongside. It charges perfectly but of course it won't do wireless Android Auto so if I want to use that I plug a lead in from a USB port in the central armrest.
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Family car Mid-size car
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Family car Mid-size car
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
MY20, Cesium Blue HSE, no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 18in wheels, Fitted Mirror dashcam
506 Posts
I want an adjustable/removable centre console. So you can raise or lower it to suit your seating position. It would also be good if it was about 1 inch narrower; making it easier to put on your seatbelt or get at something dropped down the side of the seat. There is no point in having the gap underneath - at least fit a tray to hold things as Kia have done in the EV6.

I would also like the front seats to fully recline - for sleeping or when you have to carry an object 3m long.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would like a stubby gear selector in place of the square buttons which I dislike nearly as much as the JLR pop up rotary dial. A lever is much more intuitive rather than looking down for buttons, IMHO. petty I know.

Reactions: amiller001

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would like a stubby gear selector in place of the square buttons which I dislike nearly as much as the JLR pop up rotary dial. A lever is much more intuitive rather than looking down for buttons, IMHO. petty I know.
I didn’t think about this but I have to agree

Reactions: Tangellow5

·
Registered
191 Posts
One of the many things I LOVE about the I Pace is that Jaguar of killed the nonsense of having to move a stick backwards to go forwards and forward to go backwards. Who was the arse who thought this was a good idea on automatic gearboxes? On aircraft, ships and trains you move throttles, telegraphs and whatever trains have, forward to go forward/faster. I see the luddites in VW and Mercedes still perpetuate the old nonsense on their EVs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What would you add to your iPace if your Fairy God Mother granted you one wish…and only one wish? (Obviously you’d wish for ever lasting wishes!) …500km range? 200kW charging speed? A lighter vehicle? A better app? One charging card for every single Charger what ever brand?… what would ad? Choose wisely…
View attachment 7534
An easy fix… allow the radio to keep playing when the ignition is off

21 - 40 of 60 Posts