Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What would you add to your iPace if your Fairy God Mother granted you one wish…and only one wish? (Obviously you’d wish for ever lasting wishes!) …500km range? 200kW charging speed? A lighter vehicle? A better app? One charging card for every single Charger what ever brand?… what would ad? Choose wisely…
View attachment 7534
And keep the charging display on the dashboard so I don’t have to open the door to check if it’s charged

·
Registered
29 Posts
Really simple seats that are comfy. My wife and adult children hate the car and would opt to travel in any other vehicle including any van if given the option. I don’t understand why the knee room in the front passenger seat is so bad. The massive dashboard intrudes for me reason at all. Makes it very difficult for infirm people or even normal talk people to get in and out of the front.
A brilliant concept and potentially brilliant car let down by appalling ergonomics

·
Registered
2021 HSE
60 Posts
Really simple seats that are comfy. My wife and adult children hate the car and would opt to travel in any other vehicle including any van if given the option. I don’t understand why the knee room in the front passenger seat is so bad. The massive dashboard intrudes for me reason at all. Makes it very difficult for infirm people or even normal talk people to get in and out of the front.
A brilliant concept and potentially brilliant car let down by appalling ergonomics
Is the knee room bad with the seat all the way forward? I'm shocked you're having issues since my wife is 6' and I'm 6'3" and we have zero issues with legroom or knee room. Heck ive had someone 6'5" in the front with no issues. We have the standard HSE seats though, not the sportier upgraded ones if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is the knee room bad with the seat all the way forward? I'm shocked you're having issues since my wife is 6' and I'm 6'3" and we have zero issues with legroom or knee room. Heck ive had someone 6'5" in the front with no issues. We have the standard HSE seats though, not the sportier upgraded ones if that makes a difference.
Same here. I’m may only be 5’10” but certainly adult sized and have no issues. I have had people up to 6’4” use the passenger seat on a 90 minute total journey time. They even commented how they loved the comfort and especially the cooled seats. This is with another adult in the back behind the front passenger seat as well.

Also the standard sport seats, not the performance seats.

·
Registered
110 Posts
ICDP_EV 'This is with another adult in the back passenger side well.'

Bit harsh, you could have let them sit on the back seat!

:):rolleyes:

·
Registered
MY20, Cesium Blue HSE, no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 18in wheels, Fitted Mirror dashcam
506 Posts
But the radio keeps playing when ignition is off, no ? at least for me, but don't open the car's door, that will definitively shutdown the radio.
and you can turn the radio on, even if the car is off, by pushing the volume knob.
not in my car!

·
Registered
304 Posts
But the radio keeps playing when ignition is off, no ? at least for me, but don't open the car's door, that will definitively shutdown the radio.
and you can turn the radio on, even if the car is off, by pushing the volume knob.
not in my car!
In mine it's both.

The radio keeps playing if you power off and will turn off when you open the door. Though at some point (about 10 minutes) the car will shut itself off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just give me better ride comfort. The suspension is harsh on anything but a billiard table smooth road.
Very poor for a supposedly premium car

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I like the coffee idea but what I would really like is a GPS repeater so that my phone and Dashcam can pick up GPS info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just give me better ride comfort. The suspension is harsh on anything but a billiard table smooth road.
Not sure what you came from, but for a 400hp, 2 tonne plus car, you are going to struggle to have pillow soft suspension unless you want it to feel like a blancmange through a corner.

After an M5 and an RS4, mine feels like a limo, and I am only on std steel suspension. I'd say its on a par with my daughter's X5 on air and a darn sight better than her hubby's Model Y.

Audi will do you a really comfy etron if you just want to sleep your way to the destination?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not sure what you came from, but for a 400hp, 2 tonne plus car, you are going to struggle to have pillow soft suspension unless you want it to feel like a blancmange through a corner.

After an M5 and an RS4, mine feels like a limo, and I am only on std steel suspension. I'd say its on a par with my daughter's X5 on air and a darn sight better than her hubby's Model Y.

Audi will do you a really comfy etron if you just want to sleep your way to the destination?
This is a very, very subjective topic. I find the I-Pace on stock suspension with 20" alloys very good for the vast majority of roads. There may be some bouncing about on those single lane rural roads but that also happened in my E-Tron at the softest setting. In fact, it was worse because it was far too floaty and bouncy on anything but the stiffest setting for me and my passengers.

The I-Pace was also way better than the recent Kona EV I had as a loaner. Note: I am not trying to compare anything other than ride quality. Yet another Hyundai we tested (Ioniq 5) felt like a boat and was way too bouncy. A similar test drive in a Model 3 was the opposite and was far too stiff, even worse than the Kona.

Yet you will get people swear the Model 3 (or Model Y) is perfect and others who swear the Ioniq 5 is just right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is a very, very subjective topic. I find the I-Pace on stock suspension with 20" alloys very good for the vast majority of roads. There may be some bouncing about on those single lane rural roads but that also happened in my E-Tron at the softest setting. In fact, it was worse because it was far too floaty and bouncy on anything but the stiffest setting for me and my passengers.

The I-Pace was also way better than the recent Kona EV I had as a loaner. Note: I am not trying to compare anything other than ride quality. Yet another Hyundai we tested (Ioniq 5) felt like a boat and was way too bouncy. A similar test drive in a Model 3 was the opposite and was far too stiff, even worse than the Kona.

Yet you will get people swear the Model 3 (or Model Y) is perfect and others who swear the Ioniq 5 is just right.
Indeed, hence why I asked what they came from as that may give a view on their expectations. My SIL finds his model y fine as his previous cars were AMG Mercedes mainly, C43, GLC43, and an M340iT BMW. My daughter finds it crashy versus her X5 and the previous GLE350d she had.

I like the I-Pace as a good compromise, as I dont like floaty and wallowy cars. That might be helped by my daily runaround being a Mini Cooper though, not renowned for the best ride quality!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Human nature - no-one wants to admit they made a mistake and bought the wrong car! :)
Lol, you would be surprised. When I bought a Nissan Qashqai back in 2014, I hated it after 1 week of ownership. Every day when I went out to drive to work, I felt like crying just thinking about drivig that pile of crap. I called it my "give up on life car" and it really has zero redeeming features as a car.

There are even people in this thread like TrophyJem, who are probably lamenting ever buying an I-Pace. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think Jaguar nailed it here. Suspension and dynamic are spot on for EV. Merc, Porsche and Audi can’t match it yet. I am overall very pleased. I just suffer the lack of space with 2 children. Inside It’s basically the size of a Ford Focus with smaller boot and less rear leg room.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts