Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is no EV in the market today that I would rather be in. When selecting my company car last August, I spent 4 days in a loaded e-Tron 55, 3 in an EQC, took out a Tesla M3P and briefly considered the i4 M50 which had just made it onto our list before the order was locked down. The iX wasn’t available then but despite its cavernous interior, great battery and charging performance, I find it aesthetically bland if not ugly. The I-Pace is a design classic with performance and handling to match its looks.

Reactions: Tangellow5

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There is no EV in the market today that I would rather be in. When selecting my company car last August, I spent 4 days in a loaded e-Tron 55, 3 in an EQC, took out a Tesla M3P and briefly considered the i4 M50 which had just made it onto our list before the order was locked down. The iX wasn’t available then but despite its cavernous interior, great battery and charging performance, I find it aesthetically bland if not ugly. The I-Pace is a design classic with performance and handling to match its looks.
back then i think the Ioniq 5 or the EV6 weren't available to test drive.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Why do people bang on about the ioniq or the EV6? From the same Korean stable the GV60 is the most comparable with the iPace. Neither of the others are anything like the same package.

A full spec GV60 is also similarly priced, I had it up to £74k but it does include all servicing and maintenance.

Reactions: SteveReeves and FFW

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Very happy with my i-Pace,
The proposed Polestar 3 looks interesting?

Reactions: Tangellow5

·
Registered
68 Posts
True, but very different market segment . EV6 GT looks worth a test drive when it eventually gets here in 2023.

·
Registered
205 Posts
curious.what do you mean by market segment?do you mean they are mid-market and the i-pace is premium?
In simple terms yes, but a lot of that would be just the badge premium. The I-Pace does feel more premium than the Ioniq 5 or EV6, with leather and soft touch materials in all the important places. I don't care about leather or vegan materials. But if I were expected to pay ~£15K more like for like, I would be going with the EV6 becasue it is a good car and a great EV. Incidentally, the Ioniq 5 is a hideously ugly car IMHO and it drives like a boat.

I got my HSE I-Pace on NHS Lease special offer and it costs me less than I was contemplating paying for an EV6 GT-Line S. So the fact I felt that the I-Pace had a more special interior and driving feel, made it an easy choice for me. The 15% lower efficiency and much slower charging was not a consideration.

Let me put it this way. As I type this I am looking forward to driving my I-Pace. Not because it is a Jag but because as an all round driving package it is hard to beat. I would not get the same feeling if an EV6 was sitting on the drive. I am not a badge snob, I have had the same feeling when I owned a 350Z (briefly) and a Hyundai Coupe before that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
curious.what do you mean by market segment?do you mean they are mid-market and the i-pace is premium?
Yep. Hyundai and Kia are doing brilliant work with their battery and charging tech and make a compelling package at their price point, but they are not luxury products.

·
Registered
2018 HSE Silicon Silver with the F-Type interior
80 Posts
"Why do people bang on about the ioniq or the EV6?" This is because they are new hyped models and people assume they are flawless, truth is..they are not flawless either. And just 1 look into the cars interior and you are reminded why we choose to drive I-Paces.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
"Why do people bang on about the ioniq or the EV6?" This is because they are new hyped models and people assume they are flawless, truth is..they are not flawless either. And just 1 look into the cars interior and you are reminded why we choose to drive I-Paces.
My point was that they are not comparable price points or spec wise they may or may not be excellent cars but the lack of internal quality spec (e.g. high quality leather seats) is a show stopper.

The same fundamental car in Genesis GV60 form is actually a really good comparison but the other cars are like comparing a Ford Kuga to an Audi SQ5 or BMW X3, fundamentally different cars at very different price points.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts