Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my car yesterday (finally!) and so far, so good. But does anyone know how to the get the Incontrol iphone App to reconnect to the car? It seems to have got stuck showing 177 miles of range whereas on the display in the car itself it's 189 and rising (the charging cable is connected). I've tried all the usual tricks: turning things on and off, signing out from the app, etc but with no luck.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Is 4G up and running in the car? I had issues with my SIM. After that resolved my InControl was also working properly.
I changed a normal SIM to a data-only-SIM.

And of course you need 4G coverage ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bart. But it was working before - so perhaps there is an issue with 4G in our area this evening. I'll try taking out the sim card and putting it back in again. I did also connect the car to our home WiFi and wondered whether that caused a problem - but I've disconnected that now.
Another question: is there any way to display the rate at which the car is charging?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wattsup said:
Another question: is there any way to display the rate at which the car is charging?
Not that I am aware of, if "kW/h" is what you are looking for..
Not in the car, and not in the InControl-app.

I can see the charging rate on my Magnum 6kW/h charger.
Mostly 5.5 kW/h (probably due to balancing with the rest of the e-consumption).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Wattsup said:
Picked up my car yesterday (finally!) and so far, so good. But does anyone know how to the get the Incontrol iphone App to reconnect to the car? It seems to have got stuck showing 177 miles of range whereas on the display in the car itself it's 189 and rising (the charging cable is connected). I've tried all the usual tricks: turning things on and off, signing out from the app, etc but with no luck.
Deleting and re-installing the app should work

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's the same story with my current Jaguar XE. After owning the car for 3 years it's still as unreliable as day 1. The constant logging out and having to sign back in is a total pain. Why they have never developed this over the years is a mystery. Only updates to the app have been for adding languages. It's never added any new features or improved its reliability despite owners asking for seat heating, steering wheel heating and Touch ID login.

·
Registered
48 Posts
emgf said:
Wattsup said:
Deleting and re-installing the app should work
I found that if the app won't reconnect properly even after reinstalling, you can try reconnecting as if setting a new connection. Log out of the remote app, then press the jaguar remote assistance button in the car (in the console above the rear mirror). Press for long enough to get the orange light blinking (cantbr ember if it's slow then fast or fast then slow but either way press until it changes speed!), press for about 15 sec is plenty. then you can log back in to the app and it's should resolve once the signal updates. It did for me after about 3 days of searching for an answer! This worked first time. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
richardw said:
😩 no luck.
Going back to dealer tomorrow to check Telematics
Me too.

Also, I can't seem to register the car's VIN on the Jaguar map download website, which is a required step to get updates.

Love the car but the tech needs so much work to make user friendly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Car has now been back to dealer for 2 days.
JLR technical and telematics teams working on the car remotely.
Still do solution yet. Roll on day 3 at the dealership!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had this problem.

I have had intermittent notifications telling me the 4 g signal is weak where i am when i know categorically it isn't (in two separate locations as well).

this hasn't worried me so far as i was directly plugging in.

Since i had an Andersen charger i assume it is now using the schedule or at least some of the telematics from the car.
Twice now i have woken up with no recharge (not a problem as my commute is only 20 odd miles and i can charge via a standard pug at work)

i tried the solution pressing the service button above the mirror but got called back by the service department who couldn't really help as they were purely a call out service.

logging in and out does seem to have worked (for now) but it is irritating when i have a high end charger designed to charge over night and the car refuses to connect and the scheduling goes up the spout.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts