Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm betting a lot of members have pasted the 3-year InControl Remote free subscription period by now, and had to renew it.

My subscription is set to expire on 11.07. (which is less than a month away) but still see no way to renew it, neither using the app nor the website.

It'd be great if some of you could share how long before the active subscription expires one can renew it? Is it done using the app or the website?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing (y) How long before the expiration date did that happen? Were you able to see any sort of message / button that would allow you to renew using the website or the app (before they extended it for you)?

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I also received letter from JLR for both Extended warranty and InControl about 2 months before expiry.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thanks @scm - how long before the subscription expiration did that happen in your case?
That was a year ago but I think it was a week or two before. I didn't renew and they actually sent me a renewal reminder this year with a password of "Expired Date" - they sent a follow-up apologising for the error - seems a bunch of us got it!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got an invitation to renew email but the link failed
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

I sent this to JLR and they said they'd fix it but not to worry, they'd ensure that my sub didn't expire.
Some time later, Remote invited me to update to the latest app, which I did (still got the old version too which I still prefer) and the new version has a "renew" button in the subs section. It too led to this failed link (No VIN quoted as the error, though the VIN is correctly specified elsewhere in the app).
True to their word though, my sub extended by a year last week. No one's asked for any money yet !

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks @Terry60 and others for sharing their experiences.

Haven't received any emails yet, but the feedback I got made me check my incontrol expiration date again, and it was changed - the same date but 2023, they did extend it for another year.

Hopefully they'll have it all figured out by then :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts