Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I am scheduled to pick up my First Edition this Saturday and I have to say I am pretty disappointed in the level of knowledge at any dealership I have discussed the iPace with so far, I am hoping that someone may be able to offer a definitive answer to this:

Does the iPace have the InControl Secure module installed at standard? If not is it even an option?

I have just come out of a Tesla 100D and it did not require a tracker due to its inbuilt system of remote shutdown/tracking, the iPace does as it is over £75k.

Thanks

Eddie

G

·
Hi,
Yes FE have InControl secure, also had to find it out myself, web https://incontrol.jaguar.com/jaguar-portal-owner-web/login

ABOUT INCONTROL SECURE

This vehicle has an InControl Secure subscription. Using advanced tracking technologies, InControl Secure is a formidable deterrent to any would be car thief. In the event of your Jaguar being moved illegally, the Secure Operating Centre will immediately alert you and pinpoint the exact location of your vehicle.

THATCHAM

As a Thatcham Category 6 tracking device, with this service you may be entitled to discounts on your car insurance policy.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I recall that one of the members on here, picked up his car and the next day left it at a garage to have something done, detailing or something else, can't recall, the fact that they had it on a ramp triggered the tracking and he was alerted to the fact that it was off the ground, So there is tracking on board in some form or another.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MEO said:
Hi,
Yes FE have InControl secure, also had to find it out myself, web https://incontrol.jaguar.com/jaguar-portal-owner-web/login

ABOUT INCONTROL SECURE

This vehicle has an InControl Secure subscription. Using advanced tracking technologies, InControl Secure is a formidable deterrent to any would be car thief. In the event of your Jaguar being moved illegally, the Secure Operating Centre will immediately alert you and pinpoint the exact location of your vehicle.

THATCHAM

As a Thatcham Category 6 tracking device, with this service you may be entitled to discounts on your car insurance policy.
Thank you very much for this information, 3 dealers have told me 3 different stories and Jaguars website is less than helpful.

So if I understand you correctly I have to complete the registration process (I don't have the VIN yet) and the InControl Secure will be then available?

The dealer is currently trying to sell me a 3rd party tracker :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChrisMc said:
I recall that one of the members on here, picked up his car and the next day left it at a garage to have something done, detailing or something else, can't recall, the fact that they had it on a ramp triggered the tracking and he was alerted to the fact that it was off the ground, So there is tracking on board in some form or another.
So would it be safe to say that owners are not having 3rd party trackers fitted then?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Arcam said:
ChrisMc said:
So would it be safe to say that owners are not having 3rd party trackers fitted then?
As far as I am aware, NO, they rely on the one already with the car, ICP etc but best to wait until those that have received cars already to answer, they will be more up to date.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ChrisMc said:
Arcam said:
ChrisMc said:
As far as I am aware, NO, they rely on the one already with the car, ICP etc but best to wait until those that have received cars already to answer, they will be more up to date.
Cheers Chris.

Here's hoping our JLR lady or an existing owner might be able to answer this question 100%.

G

·
The InControl app, link should be emailed to you the day of car pick up and when that is loaded to your phone you will be able to see all the available options. Which includes In control secure, the various subscriptions (free with the car) last for the 3 year warranty period of the vehicle.
I have the InControl app on my phone and iPad works well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MEO said:
The InControl app, link should be emailed to you the day of car pick up and when that is loaded to your phone you will be able to see all the available options. Which includes In control secure, the various subscriptions (free with the car) last for the 3 year warranty period of the vehicle.
I have the InControl app on my phone and iPad works well.
Thank you very much for confirming that MEO, why the feck do dealers (only tried 3) not know this information? I presume it is JLR who email the link rather than the dealer?

So if I understand this correctly that is a CAT6 tracker, I guess it will use little/no data on the SIM as I believe we only get 500mb as standard.

Sorry, I also meant to ask the ICS was not a "cost" option that needed to be turned on as it is enabled by default for 3 years?

G

·
Hi, yes email from [email protected] , Jaguar InControl Account Setup - Action required.
Cat 6 tracker definitely.
Have not got my head round the SIM card usage yet, only had my FE since 8th Nov, lots to learn!!
No cost option for the full 3 years

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MEO said:
Hi, yes email from [email protected] , Jaguar InControl Account Setup - Action required.
Cat 6 tracker definitely.
Have not got my head round the SIM card usage yet, only had my FE since 8th Nov, lots to learn!!
No cost option for the full 3 years
Outstanding, thanks once again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you collect the car the dealer should guide you through registering yourself and the car on the Jaguar InControl website.
There's a tab on the page for "InControl" secure from where you can download a Thatcham installation certificate specific to your car. Essential for if your insurer requires such a thing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This thread appears to only refer to the First Edition (FE), so I was wondering if the Thatcham installation was standard across the model range, S, SE and HSE?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Folks,
All I Pace have Secure Tracker & Thatcham Category 6 alarm as standard. Its is on Jaguar website & in the I Pace brochure.
Secure Tracker works well as tried to pull out charging cable without unlocking the car which set off the alarm & they were on the phone within seconds.
Also on the app there is a feature when you can switch off ST by pressing service mode. That will disable it for 10 hours. Used last week on my car whilst it was having Xpel PPF installed. Need to have set your pin before setting.
Regards

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just to clarify... so far as I am aware every I-Pace model comes with InControl Secure, not just the FE. My SE certainly did.

·
Registered
325 Posts
On my I-pace S, the tracker was not accepted by the lease company Arval. They went for the LoJack tracker. Not sure whether that was to lack of functionality for the in control system, or their own lack of knowledge of the I-pace.... I understood this was the only system working on a dedicated Radio band without dependencies on mobile providers and with direct link to police.

See also https://www.lojack.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
mikew said:
Just to clarify... so far as I am aware every I-Pace model comes with InControl Secure, not just the FE. My SE certainly did.
I'm still deciding between keeping my Porsche Macan until 2022 when Porsche's EV SUV is due out or ordering a new iPace for delivery in April/May 2019 and running that for 3 years on a PCP.

As part of my assessment of cost of ownership, I got a quote from Jaguar Insurance for an iPace FE and my prospective dealer confirmed it does come with InControl Secure which was mandatory for the insurance as the car is over £80K list. Insurance quote was similar to my Macan so that's a tick in the box.

ICS seems to be similar to Porsche's system but one difference is that with a Porsche you have to carry a separate small plastic key fob which must be kept separate from the car key but present in the car when it is moved. If it isn't then an alert is triggered to the secure operating centre and then that in turn triggers a call to the telephone numbers registered. Confirmation of the unauthorised movement then initiates a call to the Police who are able to authorise the SOC to immobilise the car once it is stationary by disabling the ignition. The annual subscription for this costs £235 and is managed by Vodafone Automotive who took over from Cobra so I would guess that Jaguar have also outsourced ICS. The remote App allows disabling the system for service or transport but only for 10 hours max so it sounds like ICS has the same features.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The InControl tracker uses a data sim that is separate to the user sim, so will always be able to communicate with the monitoring service. As other have said, you get three years subscription from the outset. After three years you will be contacted about renewal. I have the same system in my Land Rover and the renewal cost is best not mentioned in case there are those of a nervous disposition ... :shock: :lol:

Some insurers require a Cat5 tracker, which requires you to carry a separate fob, and that may explain why some have had separate trackers fitted.

·
Registered
206 Posts
POR991 said:
mikew said:
I'm still deciding between keeping my Porsche Macan until 2022 when Porsche's EV SUV is due out or ordering a new iPace for delivery in April/May 2019 and running that for 3 years on a PCP.
2022 is a long way off. Go for the I-Pace now.... you will not be disappointed!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts