Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Stacie,

First of all, I'd like to say it's great to be able to contact someone from JLR directly.

I've seen on videos and read that there will be an inductive charging pad for phones in the central console when the car is launched. Can you confirm if this is the case and also if it will be fitted as standard (I heard this on one of the videos)?

Thanks and regards
Paul

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had one in a rental Peugot 3008. It was great I have to say. The tray was quite large and if you put the phone anywhere on it, it charged perfectly.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes nice to have but anyway if u want to use android or apple car app u will have to plug your phone via USB. So not a big deal if its not available in the I-pace.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True Tophe74. I'd be hoping to have a dedicated SIM in the car for Spotify mainly and then just use Bluetooth for all the normal calls and SMS stuff. I wonder how this will work in reality.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a (after market) option for the I-pace which the dealer deliver:

The iPhone connect and charge dock has been designed to charge utilising the cup holder space in the central console. When connected, the iPhone's media is accessible and has the ability to be controlled via the integrated infotainment / audio system. The 'cut-out' design of the holder is such that the home button is also accessible for use when parked. The iPhone USB charger can be easily disconnected if the USB connection is required for other use.

Part number: J9C3880

iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.

For use with iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s, SE and 7. Not suitable for use with 6 Plus and 7 Plus.

Prices shown include VAT and Retailer fitting costs. Prices are subject to change, please consult your local Jaguar Retailer for details
110 GBP.

·
Registered
18 Posts
mclarenpaul said:
True Tophe74. I'd be hoping to have a dedicated SIM in the car for Spotify mainly and then just use Bluetooth for all the normal calls and SMS stuff. I wonder how this will work in reality.
What will you use to play Spotify? As far as I know there are no Spotify player "built-in" the car?

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did the official JLR representative ever respond to the question about inductive charging being in production vehicles?
I did see a video shot during a press event where a senior JLR designer said this would be part of production vehicles. I agree it may not be of use to me as the driver as my iPhone will be plugged in to use CarPlay but it would be nice for a passenger phone.
Can anyone that has taken delivery of a vehicle comment if inductive charging is in your vehicle?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Joshuableu said:
Can anyone that has taken delivery of a vehicle comment if inductive charging is in your vehicle?
No it is not there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.