Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Info-No tainment

5K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  d111112 
#1 ·
I posted this on the US forum. We would like JLR to monitor the issues. Here is the description of my problem:

I had an odd experience the other night on my way home from work. I started up the car and all was well, except the media would not audibly play. I started up with my iPhone attached so that I could launch CarPlay. At first I thought the valet had turned off the radio, but that was not it. I tried switching it on and off; tried changing media source. Nothing. Then I decided to pull over and turn off the car to see if the system needed a reboot. Nope. I let it sit for about 5 minutes or so, no luck. Also, the phone would not play through the audio speakers in the car. I figured I blew out some amplifier fuse or something. I drove home playing Sirius from my iPhone disconnected from bluetooth. (Makes you appreciate the quality of the sound system in the car -- when it works.) On the way home I stopped at the supermarket and picked up some stuff for dinner. I get back in the car and start it up and boom! Sound system is working again.

Anyone experienced similar gremlins?

https://www.i-paceforum.com/threads/info-no-tainment.5810/#post-57552

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I have also experienced the exact same a couple of times now and I've only had the car since July of 2019.

Working in I.T., I put it down to something not being fired up properly when the infotainment starts after the car is off for a period of time and the old "turn it off and turn it back on again" being required.

It shouldn't happen, but then again it's only a piece of tech and they are all prone to these sort of things.

#5 ·
geve said:
They could add a "Reset" function in the car settings to allow user to reboot the system as many times something not work properly as expected and nobody wants to wait 10 min.
THIS ^^^^^

I've had the black screen a few times with no infotainment and two little silver I-PACES on my dashboard. As soon as I see that I realise my commute will be silent as there's no-way to fix it apart from a 10 minute wait for systems to shutdown completely. Pretty crappy really.

#6 ·
Could be worse - I already had twice now that the Navigation thought the car was facing the other direction.
As a result navigation through I was driving on the other side of the highway in reverse :)

First time I couldn't get it to resolve till the car restarted - the 2nd time it resolved itself by cancelling the navigation and setting it new again (not last route).

Had infotainment not started at all twice, a few times more with 5-10 minutes delay and pretty much always with a minute delay.

#8 ·
geve said:
They could add a "Reset" function in the car settings to allow user to reboot the system as many times something not work properly as expected and nobody wants to wait 10 min.
They could, but will they? Prolly not..

#9 ·
I think our observations are good, my dealer confirmed that they are having reports of customers about problems with the startup process of the different modules and sometimes an interruption (open/close door, start driving or even certain delays between modules) before everything is up and running can cause that one ore more modules crash at startup.
Unfurtunately, there is no full solution for it till now (according to my dealer) but I is definitely a lot better than a year before (screens stayed black and did not recover and dealers visit was obligatory). With the latest SW updates JLR tried to implement some automatic restart routines if the system itself is able to detect a startup problem (according to my observations). This works most of the times. You will see it when you are already on a new version of IMC (like 19C) that screens get black for some seconds on startup of the car and then recover on their own. Last week my TCU got stuck and the car was not able to restart the module so I had to visit the dealer and they just rebooted the module with their dealer equipment (pathfinder). Afterwards everything worked again as expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.