Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I've only had my I pace a month and loving it. Also sorry if this has been discussed before but I could not find it. I have a MY22.
I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong or there is a fault or if anyone else experiences the same issue or how they solved it.
I decided to get the Zappi 2 charger so I could charge the car instead of export generated electric. though I have found as soon as you plug a charger in the car comes up initialising, no problem with that, it actually comes up if you just plug a cable in not connected to anything else (type 2). so the Zappi works well only providing the amount of energy the solar has produced as i have tested it on another car (when we had sun), so i assume this will work well on the I pace, what I have noticed though when it say's Initialising every 24hours I see circa 2% power drain from the battery. This is my issue as it is pointless using exported energy, and concerned once I get a cheaper tariff it will also cost me to leave the car plugged in doing nothing.
The car and charger seems to work well with everything else at present, so it will happily charge like normal and once it's at 100% it shuts off and there is no further power drain. i have seen another issue but talking to Mienergy (for the Zappi charger they have got me to update the charger to see if it solves my second issue which is that once the car is fully charged and use pre-condition it never used the charger instead it used the battery, until I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in. assuming this is not another I Pace issue.
Any feedback most welcome as I'm completely new to this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve not seen any power drain whilst leaving the car on “initialising”. Sure, there must be some but 2% seems excessive. That would equate to about 70w per hour of battery drain. Do you experience battery drain when it’s unplugged?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve not seen any power drain whilst leaving the car on “initialising”. Sure, there must be some but 2% seems excessive. That would equate to about 70w per hour of battery drain. Do you experience battery drain when it’s unplugged?
Thanks for your response, i have no power drain unplugged or once the car is at 100% and left plugged in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The vehicle and charger appears to function admirably with all the other things as of now, so it will joyfully charge like typical and when it's at 100 percent it stop and there could be no further power channel. I have seen another issue however conversing with Mienergy (for the Zappi charger they have me to refresh the charger to check whether it addresses my second issue which is that once the vehicle is completely energized and utilize pre-condition it never utilized the charger rather it utilized the battery, until I turned off the charger and stopped it back in. expecting this is no other I Pace issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The vehicle and charger appears to function admirably with all the other things as of now, so it will joyfully charge like typical and when it's at 100 percent it stop and there could be no further power channel. I have seen another issue however conversing with Mienergy (for the Zappi charger they have me to refresh the charger to check whether it addresses my second issue which is that once the vehicle is completely energized and utilize pre-condition it never utilized the charger rather it utilized the battery, until I turned off the charger and stopped it back in. expecting this is no other I Pace issue.
Yes they got me to download latest software onto the Zappi charger, i will test this again on Sat to see if thisnis resolved. I will try today or later this week plug in just a cable and see if i get a power drain when effectively not plugged into anything. If this is the case then it is a JLR issue. When you leave your charger plugged in and the car at less than 100% and not charging (stopped via charger) check to see if you have a power drain after so many hours (2% i loss every 24)) also see if it stops saying intialising after so long in the app, mine constantly says initialising, this i think is the reason for the power drain.

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
37 Posts
My MY 20 used to say cable connected when a cable was in but not charging, I note that it now say Initializing all the time it is waiting for the charger to start. Not noticed any batterry drain but then again not looked for it.

My car has In Touch with the latest software to correct the CarPlay issues ie no voice on navigation apps.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Maybe the car has two levels of initialise, one where it is on and draws power from the HV battery (up to 400 watts?) and one where it depletes the 12 volt battery. It is supposed to fire up and charge the 12 volt battery when that level goes too low so this will drain the HV battery. Just thinking aloud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts