Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice Intelligent Octopus is now offered for Jaguar, anyone tried it yet?

Not sure it’s for me as I have solar panels and use a Zappi. Very good price though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Price is the same as Octopus Go, with longer hours but they do need to link up online with the car and the charger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d rather do Octopus Go on balance I think, but Intelligent offers a much longer off peak, and occasional off peaks during the day.

As far as I can see it’s either a compatible car (Jaguar is one of only 3 there) or a compatible charger - Zappi is not there, so I would need to do some manual adjustment to use the excess solar for the car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I’m using Intelligent. The higher rate unit price is more expensive than Go but the off peak is longer at 6 hours. The daily charge is also slightly higher.
It’s clever but doesn’t add benefit over Go to my usage profile

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I looked at the Go and Intelligent tariffs available to me as a new customer. Literally the only difference was the off peak period (4 vs 6). All other charges were the same - bar the need to have a Tesla or JLR. Signed up and tested the ipace - works fine. Worse case scenario I leave smart charging off and just maximise the 6 hour off-peak and any solar excess available :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Interesting. I guess as I am an existing customer my Go rate was (slightly) discounted. If both rates are exactly the same, it’s a bit of a no brainier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts