Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I've been watching this forum with interest, great tips and info.. thanks. I just got my i-pace SE. (Ordered 1st week of May, Guildford UK, after 3 supposed hand over dates, I received it on oct 17th.)

After around 700 miles all I can say is "What an amazing car"!

"Disaster" struck yesterday morning as someone knocked my driver side wing mirror yesterday. I didn't capture her details for an insurance claim. The mirror case is still intact but the glass of the mirror smashed, and a small plastic bracket underneath that holds the "puddle light" in place (about 30mm square) got lost. The little light now hangs down out of the mirror.

I'm being told that to fix it I have to replace the full mirror and enclosure and that it will cost over £1000 (+VAT)!

Any long-term Jaguar customers out there know of how to get round paying such inflated prices for a small piece of plastic?

thanks
Alex

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are mirrors and mirrors.

This mirror comes with a camera, heating, sensor for overtaking cars, motors for adjustment 4 ways, a motor for folding in, and what have you.

Can't say £1000 is justified, but understand it is more then a simple mirror in a plastic encasement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
aim ,I had something similar with a Range Rover but insurance paid up.
You are lucky with delivery. I ordered 3rd week May and delivery is now February!
Seems no logic and NO explanation.Still all the bugs might be ironed out.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Alex,
So sorry to hear about your damage.
Please try the following company who might be able to source for you much cheaper:

Business name:
Helston Garages Ltd T/A Matford Jaguar Land Rover

First name:
Declan

Last name:
Ryan

Address:
6 Matford Way
Marsh Barton
EX2 8FN
Exeter
Devon
UK

Email:
[email protected]

I have ordered genuine I Pace accessories from them at very reasonable prices.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all..

funkwiz, I don't doubt the number of components in the wing mirror, but everything is fine and all the sensors, heaters, motors, lights, etc all still work perfectly. My extreme frustration is that all I need is the replacement glass (Mirror) and the small plastic detachable bracket that holds the "puddle light" in place.. and I'm being told I have to buy a whole new mirror unit for over £1200 (VAT included).

Chutche - yes I feel very lucky re delivery (although I didn't whilst having the date changed so many times :) ) - insurance not an option here.

Nipri - thanks I'll connect with them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Pleasure.
Someone else I would highly recommend to purchase I Pace accessories which have done a few is:
Pentland Jaguar Edinburgh East
5 Whitehall Road
Newcraighall
Edinburgh
EH15 3HR
0131 3349753.
They are also on eBay under jlree24.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts