Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The first UK based Ionity is just over 100 miles from me, so ideal if I'm going up or coming back from Scotland.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tophe74. I'm also interested in France as I often drive to the French Alps. I think you'll see a lot of the new constructions start to appear across France soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tophe 74

We drove up from Alpes Maritimes to Zeebrugge a few weekends ago in a petrol car. As we were off the closed Autoroutes in the South and navigating around the protests we played spot the charger. I was disappointed with how few chargers there are - especially South of Grenoble. We also found that our favourite halfway hotel near Beaune has a Tesla supercharger with another socket of the sort that you would find in a UK campsite - not a fast charger. We concluded that for now at least our journey in the ipace would need four or five charging stops and would have to be very carefully planned.

We usually find France to be a long way ahead of the UK on infrastructure. Why is it slower on charging stations? Does everyone charge their Zoe at home?

It will be chaotic on the holiday weekends. Can you imagine the queuing? I might get kangaroo bars fitted to my ipace to help with the queuing!

Regards
Andrew

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AGT said:
Tophe 74

We drove up from Alpes Maritimes to Zeebrugge a few weekends ago in a petrol car. As we were off the closed Autoroutes in the South and navigating around the protests we played spot the charger. I was disappointed with how few chargers there are - especially South of Grenoble. We also found that our favourite halfway hotel near Beaune has a Tesla supercharger with another socket of the sort that you would find in a UK campsite - not a fast charger. We concluded that for now at least our journey in the ipace would need four or five charging stops and would have to be very carefully planned.

We usually find France to be a long way ahead of the UK on infrastructure. Why is it slower on charging stations? Does everyone charge their Zoe at home?

It will be chaotic on the holiday weekends. Can you imagine the queuing? I might get kangaroo bars fitted to my ipace to help with the queuing!

Regards
Andrew
I agree that the charging in France leaves a lot to be desired. I think they were ahead of the curve with the CORRI-DOOR which gives a 50kW DC charger every 50km on the motorways, but with the lack of continual investment they've fallen behind and as it's generally only 1 or 2 bays, they'll need some heavy investment to cope with more EVs during the holiday period.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
What I find disappointing so far is that Ionity is putting up their stations in many countries but so far none in NL. This is odd considering NL is 4th in BEV numbers and 2nd in % BEV on the road.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
What I find disappointing so far is that Ionity is putting up their stations in many countries but so far none in NL. This is odd considering NL is 4th in BEV numbers and 2nd in % BEV on the road.
Well, you do have FastNed stations already in place so perhaps there are other places that might benefit from fast chargers (or any chargers for that matter) before your country?

·
Registered
142 Posts
FR is empty, see how you would drive from Paris to Geneva/Lyon and south of FR...

Italy is a good one as well, hope they put some in the north towards Turin and Milano. If you are interested about IT network there is a good forum (in Italian so google translate in case you need to): www.forumelettrico.it

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Max69 said:
FR is empty, see how you would drive from Paris to Geneva/Lyon and south of FR...

Italy is a good one as well, hope they put some in the north towards Turin and Milano. If you are interested about IT network there is a good forum (in Italian so google translate in case you need to): www.forumelettrico.it
No FR is not empty , it is a work in progress and it is true that the south east is not a priority for now

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
emgf said:
Max69 said:

No FR is not empty , it is a work in progress and it is true that the south east is not a priority for now

·
Registered
142 Posts
Max69 said:
emgf said:
Max69 said:

Yes not empty as really empty , but looking at the size of the territory it is no good, also empty south east is very much visited, lets see.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Max69, a new one near Geneva started construction today. I expect to see quite a bit of activity in this part of France in the coming months. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
mclarenpaul said:
Max69, a new one near Geneva started construction today. I expect to see quite a bit of activity in this part of France in the coming months. Fingers crossed.
Indeed, too close to my home to extend the range going pass the Alps towards Turin. Lets hope they add one on the other side of the Mont Blanc tunnel.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.