Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am going to collect my new IPace MY22, S Trim this weekend. First time EV buyer.

In addition to the standard dealership handover tutorial, are there any things / issues which one should be aware of in terms of car operation. Any commonly used features 'hidden' in software layers, which have caused problems in initial days because of lack of awareness ?

Any other general suggestions for a new buyer also appreciated.

TIA.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When my car was handed over last January, I was given the keys by the delivery driver and off he went. Can't say I struggled with the controls or any of the menu options (but then I had been studying in advance of the drop off). Maybe go through the options in the central binnacle as that's where most of the comfort controls are.

Also make sure the connected services are working before you leave (such as the mobile app) as this can be tiresome to sort out from home if there is a connectivity issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there.

Is this your first EV? I assume from the fact you joined 5 months ago and your delivery date is this weekend that you ordered around 6 months ago? I ask because I have started the order process for an I-Pace Black on the assurance it was a 6-7 month turnaround.

One thing I am not sure that may or may not be relevant, is that the range test VIdeos of the I-Pace seem to highlight a problem where the car drops from 5% to 1% then dies in a very short period. Maybe a current owner can comment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there.

Is this your first EV? I assume from the fact you joined 5 months ago and your delivery date is this weekend that you ordered around 6 months ago? I ask because I have started the order process for an I-Pace Black on the assurance it was a 6-7 month turnaround.

One thing I am not sure that may or may not be relevant, is that the range test VIdeos of the I-Pace seem to highlight a problem where the car drops from 5% to 1% then dies in a very short period. Maybe a current owner can comment.

Hi - Yes, my first EV. Placed order mid-August...car arrived ready at dealership mid-Dec (so approx 4 months in my case). They knocked off HUD and 360 degree camera a week after accepting them in initial order. I am collecting now as I was travelling.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The only things hidden in the software are bugs :)

Reactions: d111112

·
Registered
128 Posts
Make sure that all the modules like BCM, BCCM, PCM and Gateway are up to date. The modules can only be updated at the dealership. Lack of up to date modules on delivery caused my MY21 to stop charging the low battery system leading to an immobilised I-Pace and serious error messages on the dashboard. On the infotainment side the latest OS on Pivi Pro is version 3.0.0.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there.

Hi

I ordered mine on the 26th November 2021 and I am being told the handover should 17th March 2022 HSE Black.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

I ordered mine on the 26th November 2021 and I am being told the handover should 17th March 2022 HSE Black.
Thanks for the info. I initially orderd an HSE black with no options but was told the HSE Black has a longer wait time compared to the SE Black. So I specced up an SE black with some extras and ordered it instead. I specified a July deliver to coincide with the end of my current E-Tron 50 lease.

Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I am going to collect my new IPace MY22, S Trim this weekend. First time EV buyer.

In addition to the standard dealership handover tutorial, are there any things / issues which one should be aware of in terms of car operation. Any commonly used features 'hidden' in software layers, which have caused problems in initial days because of lack of awareness ?

Any other general suggestions for a new buyer also appreciated.

TIA.
Not specific to the I-Pace but to all EVs. As a first time EVer you will initially suffer from what is commonly known as 'range anxiety'. In actual fact this should be called 'charger anxiety' because more often than not, the worry will be more about getting an actual unoccupied and working charger. Thankfully in the UK mainland this is much less of a problem than here in N. Ireland.
  • Do not get anxiety when your battery goes below 50%, or even 25% when you are 25 miles from home. Driving with your eye always on the battery percentage, will cause low level stress you don't need.
  • The biggest problem for EV owners is other EV owners.
  • Don't pay any heed to whiners about 'charging ettiquette', as long as you are considerate you only need to remember that you were there first.
  • Having said that, if you don't need to charge on a public charger, then don't.
  • A free destination charger is fair game and are always first come first served. If someone is telling you they need to charge as an emergency at a slow ass destination charger, they are lying PERIOD. Nobody in any real emergency would be trickle charging in a genuine emergency.
  • Likwise if someone is on a charger then don't moan they are holding you up. If you have range then just go somewhere else, or preferably home to your own charger.
  • Never EVER fall for the nonsese other EV owners pull to get you to let them jump the queue. I have heard the 'I need to drive 100 miles for a family emergency'. Or the 'I'm a nurse and on my way home after a long shift'. A guy in a Tesla pulled in to charge at the 50kW I was at and gave me the, 'I have an emergency please let me charge' and I did. When he plugged in it said he was at 60% which meant he had around 140 miles of range at worse. I had enough to get home anyway so it didn't matter but it did highlight that people are generally selfish gits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are new to EV’s then I would ensure you get your home charger installed asap if you are intending on getting one. My neighbour recently had a real hassle trying to get one installed. Now Jaguar no longer supply the ultra slow 3 pin granny charger, this is especially important unless you have a handy under utilised local public charger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I ordered the PodPoint the beginning of December . I’m still waiting for an installation date as we speak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the same. Was told that some microchip based equipment delays the HSE black, e.g. the 360 degree camera and HUD.

So I plumped for the SE Black with some extras - front fog lights, wireless phone charge and some trim bits.

Ordered 1st week December, got a call on Friday to say delivery set for last week of February.

Thanks for the info. I initially orderd an HSE black with no options but was told the HSE Black has a longer wait time compared to the SE Black. So I specced up an SE black with some extras and ordered it instead. I specified a July deliver to coincide with the end of my current E-Tron 50 lease.

Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've danced with 1-5% a few times and I've never witnessed the charge dropping from 5% to 1% in a very short period.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've danced with 1-5% a few times and I've never witnessed the charge dropping from 5% to 1% in a very short period.
Good to know, I intend to find out for myself when mine arrives... mild risk is my middle name. :)

Honestly, I find those range test videos do more harm than good and the drama they deliberatley create with their 'skin of the teeth' timed runs. They always try to make out they are flirting with danger, or push beyond what any rational person would do. Kris Rafa in his 615k range test of the I-Pace 320, was where he showed range dropping almost instantly from 5% to 1%, then he of course ended up stranded. He was pushing it to the "next charger" despite having many options to stop with no danger.

I didn't come away thinking 'the I-Pace sucks', I came away thinking 'you deserved that'. I did the same in an ICE car about 15 years ago and I never did this again. I drove past a garage already well past the warning light, because the garage a mile down the road is a few pence per litre cheaper. Ended up stranded of course.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I came away thinking 'you deserved that'. I did the same in an ICE car about 15 years ago and I never did this again. I drove past a garage already well past the warning light, because the garage a mile down the road is a few pence per litre cheaper. Ended up stranded of course.
Back in the 90s I had a GSI cavalier which literally conked out outside of a petrol station with quarter of a tank left.. called the AA and when he arrived he listened to what I said (spluttering and then stopped working) and said - "you ran out of fuel then?"

I was indignant - I'm not a complete idiot, so I sort of nodded towards the fuel gauge which was quite clearly showing just under quarter of a tank. He leant over and flicked the dash where the fuel gauge was with his finger.. and sure enough the petrol counter went to zero.

F*cking vauxhalls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the same. Was told that some microchip based equipment delays the HSE black, e.g. the 360 degree camera and HUD.

So I plumped for the SE Black with some extras - front fog lights, wireless phone charge and some trim bits.

Ordered 1st week December, got a call on Friday to say delivery set for last week of February.

Yes when i ordered my HSE, I as told no 360 camera or HUD. wasn't too concerned as I have the options I need I think !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, at first I felt disappointed about having to select an SE to ensure some guarantee of delivery times. But upon looking at the spec list I found nothing the HSE had that was even remotely on the "must have" list for me.

I was only disappointed about not being able to spec the 360 cameras.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jaguar Pivotal just swapped my MY 21 Black SE with 360 camera and lower touch screen for a MY22 Black SE without either. Don’t miss the 360 camera view as it was distorted anyhow with corner images over sized. I find I prefer the switches rather than the lower touch screen as they are more intuitive to use, therefore try not to be disappointed and enjoy a great car and spend the saved money on a weekend away in it 🙂

1 - 20 of 22 Posts