Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Audi also have an EV (e-tron Quattro) due for public consumption this year (2018) so I thought I would compare/contrast this with the iPace.

Description ----- iPace ----- e-tron

Due ----- orders from Mar 2018 ----- 2018
Cost ----- circa £60K ----- circa £60K
Style ----- SUV coupe ----- SUV (Sportback to follow 2019)
Dimensions (m) ----- 4.7 x 1.9 x 1.6 (14.3 m3) ----- 4.9 x 1.9 x 1.5 (14.0 m3)
Boot space (ltr) ----->530 ----- 615
Battery (KWh) -----90 ----- 95
Battery type -----Li-ion pouch LG ----- Li-ion pouch LG/prismatic Samsung
Charging (kW) -----up to 150 ----- 150 (later up to 350)
Charge time -----80% charge in 90 min (50kW) -----80% charge in 30 min (150 kW)
Charging methods----- Plug in -----Plug in/inductive
Range (NEDC)) -----310 -----311
Electric motors -----2 (sync perm magnet) -----2/3 (current excited synchronous)
Power (kW) -----299 -----320 (o/boost to 370)
Power (BHP) -----394 -----423 (o/boost to 489)
Torque (Nm) -----700 -----690 (o/boost 800)
0 to 62 -----circa 4 sec -----4.6 sec
Wing mirrors -----Yes -----Cameras
Active aero -----No -----Yes
Interior -----LED -----OLED
Infotainmement -----Audi -----Jaguar

So two very similar vehicles of which I think that the iPace is the more 'sporty' and the e-tron the more practical? One advantage the e-tron may have is having two different motor layouts (2 v 3 motor variants) as I'm less interested in 0 -60 etc and more interested in range/ease of charging.
Anyway the next few months should be interesting as these two EVs go head to head (with Mercedes EQC etc. coming next year).
Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Frankly no one really knows UK price/spec of either iPace or e-tron at the moment.

However pre-orders for e-tron are being taken in Norway cf iPace pre-orders in Netherlands (and USA?).

Speculation on e-tron price here: https://www.whatcar.com/news/audi-e-tron/

"While nothing is official at this stage, Audi officials have said the E-tron will cost about as much as a "well-specced" A6 executive saloon, which means a price tag of around £60,000 is likely. Given that the cheapest version of the Model X, the 75D, is currently priced from £70,500, Audi could significantly undercut one of its key rivals. The I-Pace, however, is also expected to cost from £60,000."

As to delivery dates speculation from same site:

"Late-stage prototypes of the E-tron have recently been spotted testing by our sister title Autocar, suggesting that Audi will beat the Jaguar I-Pace to market with the first premium mass-market electric SUV. Although the production car's looks will be toned down from the original concept, that car's new lighting designs and large front grille look set to remain."

Also concerning e-tron sportback:

"Stylish E-tron Sportback to follow
Audi doesn't currently have a coupé-styled SUV in its range, but that will change with the launch of the E-tron Sportback, which was shown in concept form at the recent Shanghai motor show. Scheduled to go on sale in 2019, the E-tron Sportback will be a more stylised - and, crucially, more expensive - alternative to the regular E-tron. It will feature the same electric powertrain, but several versions will be offered with different power outputs
."

All speculation but pricing/specs/delivery etc. should be a lot more clear by Geneva Motor Show this March.

Not sure either car can tempt me out of Diesel Cayenne ....yet!

Cheers,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
At the risk of being boring....but as there's not a lot of concrete info at he moment why not?....the comparison twixt iPace and e-tron on EV database has altered:

iPace is currently:

£3000 more expensive
25 mi less range
2% faster acceleration
2% less energy efficient
21% slower rapid charging

So difference between these two vehicles more reflects style than function and the iPace, imo, is certainly the looker/sportier of the two.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts