Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
sigh-pace said:
Car went to the garage to fix resetting satnav, profiles not working and miles/km issues.
Software was updated from 2.0.9 to 2.1.0a but none of the above issues are fixed, it only got worse.

Satnav was resetting once per hour, now even more often.
All profiles are deleted and I can't create new profiles.
The miles/km issue is also still there.

So frustrating.
See my post above, I reinstalled the maps for the satnav using a usb memory stick and this solved the problems with the resetting of the satnav.
I had a longer drive today and it worked fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had been on 2.0.6 since 10th March and just noticed I now have 2.1.0a as of 26th July. No issues so far. Updated over Wifi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
See my post above, I reinstalled the maps for the satnav using a usb memory stick and this solved the problems with the resetting of the satnav.
I had a longer drive today and it worked fine.
Will try that tomorrow, at least one thing would be solved
Updated maps for the satnav this morning, no reboots since. fingers crosses.

In the mean time I found that since the update to the 2.1.0a firmware, the 4G is working. 4G connectivity is shown on the display, live traffic information is available and the weather info is working.
What isn't working though is the car logging in to the Jaguar servers to register trip information, enable remote access services (charging info, warming/cooling etc).
I suspect this is also the cause of net being able to create profiles.
Had a call with the dealer this morning to discuss the inability for the car to connect to the JLR servers and they checked with JLR. Received a return call within the hour to make an appointment for another software update.
Friday August 6, the car will get another service update which will take about 4 hours which, according to JLR, will fix the remaining issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same issue regarding profiles now. Can't get past the 'Next' button. I tried holding the power button down for more than 20 seconds (start/stop button I presume) but this didn't do anything - does the car have to be in a particular state to do this? I am on 2.0.1a as of 22nd July and there is a 4G symbol showing...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Mine did the profile magic dissappearance trick again yesterday and also would not let me progress with creating a new profile (still on 2.0.10) even a reboot was unable to fix it. I was leaving it at the dealers for other fixes so hopefully they can fix this too but I shan't hold my breath.

·
Registered
10 Posts
....Friday August 6, the car will get another service update which will take about 4 hours which, according to JLR, will fix the remaining issues.
As of August 4, the car reported to have downloaded another software update (was on 2.1.0a) and requested installation.
This however was impossible. Tried to install but after 6 or 7 attempts (immediate installation, scheduled installation charging, not charging.. no success) I left it for the dealer to sort out.
It took the dealer pretty much all day to install additional updates to the different components.
After being returned SW is still 2.1.0a, no updates available.

The good thing:
  • 4G connectivity is restored, life traffic information and weather info is available again.
  • Profiles can be created
  • Spotify connection is working

Still not solved:
  • No connectivity to incontrol - no charging information, no trip registration, no remote control
  • No wifi connectivity

Improvements.. yes, happy? not really.
After owning the car for a month I'm not impressed. from JLR, claiming to be a luxury brand, I expected much better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jaglar said:
Version 2.1.3 appeared today
What's the change log?
After 2.1.0a and 2.1.0 and 2.1.0e or whatever it's called, I am not sure what to expect. Is it a bigger release or a bug fix?

Or is it making things worse ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
EEV320 said:
Jaglar said:
Version 2.1.3 appeared today
What's the change log?
After 2.1.0a and 2.1.0 and 2.1.0e or whatever it's called, I am not sure what to expect. Is it a bigger release or a bug fix?

Or is it making things worse ?
Haven't seen any change log or noticed any difference to previous version.

Campaign Release Notes: This update prepares the system for upcoming feature and performance enhancements.

-PHEV only: Please note that for a short period of time, you may experience some disruption in your EV capabilities after the update has installed. Software updates require at least 25% battery charge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the last three days two updates were pushed. The first was not a pivi pro update but after reboot the connectivity to the incontrol servers was restored, trip registration is working again and wifi connectivity is working.
The connectivity screen does not show the wifi interface mac address but I'm not too bothered about that.
This morning a new pivi version was available 2.1.0e
After installation everything is still working.

2.1.0e changes:
  • enhancements to the navigation and parking availability
  • profiles have to be selected from the startup screen, not automatic key-based recognition anymore. The last-used profile is selected automatically.
  • additional unspecified improvements

Not happy about the profile selection, but at least everything is working, first time since the car was delivered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I appear to have "downloaded" 2.1.0a but cannot install it, either manually or as a schedule.

I have been unable to establish a remote connection (for charging, preconditioning or locking) since Thursday 10th as the Jaguar servers are not working.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Dave.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I appear to have "downloaded" 2.1.0a but cannot install it, either manually or as a schedule.

I have been unable to establish a remote connection (for charging, preconditioning or locking) since Thursday 10th as the Jaguar servers are not working.

Has anyone else experienced this?
about a week ago I had exactly the same.
Dealer had to update some other subsystems before they were able to install 2.1.0a
I've had two additional updates since then as I mentioned in my previous post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've checked the log and it appears that 2.1.0a was successfully installed 3 weeks ago.

This latest (failed to install) download doesn't have a number - that I can see - but it appears to have broken all connections with the Jaguar server. Among other things this means that Jaguar Assist no longer works.

My dealer (Marshalls, Oxford) can't even start to investigate for 4 weeks and they admit that they haven't a clue what's happened.

I'm amazed that there isn't a " Restore Point" option for when updates fail. To me, this smacks of "Jaguar Software Amateur Hour".

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
D762466C said:
I've checked the log and it appears that 2.1.0a was successfully installed 3 weeks ago.

This latest (failed to install) download doesn't have a number - that I can see - but it appears to have broken all connections with the Jaguar server. Among other things this means that Jaguar Assist no longer works.

My dealer (Marshalls, Oxford) can't even start to investigate for 4 weeks and they admit that they haven't a clue what's happened.

I'm amazed that there isn't a " Restore Point" option for when updates fail. To me, this smacks of "Jaguar Software Amateur Hour".
Still not progressed from 2.1.0a here.

I think the real issues are caused by control modules within the car which may not be capable of storing 2 versions e.g. current and previous (as a restore point),

·
Registered
37 Posts
electric beagle said:
I think the real issues are caused by control modules within the car which may not be capable of storing 2 versions e.g. current and previous (as a restore point),
That seems to be a plausible explanation but surely any decent upgrade installation software would check that there was suitable hardware available before making any changes.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
D762466C said:
electric beagle said:
That seems to be a plausible explanation but surely any decent upgrade installation software would check that there was suitable hardware available before making any changes.
Just speculating but maybe it does, it checks that an update to the module software is at the right version but does not check if the module is working properly (so if you have the prior version it does not update, if you have an updated version and it works correctly it updates and all is well, the problem is if an update has been applied to a module that is not fully working, the check pre upgrade says the module version is up to date and when the update is applied the problems then double down.

I have definitely experienced module faults of this nature where the module is the latest version but not working correctly.

This should be an explicit test case but doesn't seem to be. I do see the difficulty though if in order to push a Pivi Update you need a module update all the Pivi update can do is check the modules are the right version or not apply itself.

The updates of modules OTA seem to be a very weak point in the whole chain, you get no details of what is being updated so it's as all so opaque (and seems to present itself as a live apps update when in process).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry Electric Beagle, I'd assumed that when you referred to "modules" you meant hardware.

If we are talking about just software then it's puzzling. 2.1.0a installed and ran perfectly.

This new version (2.1.0b,c,d,e?) downloaded but didn't and won't install. However, the very act of "failing to install" seems to have caused damage. It would be nice to just Restore 2.1.0a.

I've repeated this in the JLR Public Relations area but I don't expect any response.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts