Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The five-seater I-PACE Concept is a clear statement of Jaguar's plans for the production model with future-focused design pervading the open, spacious interior. It also showcases the blend of cutting-edge technologies and traditional materials that characterise Jaguar's vision for electric luxury.

Car Vehicle Sky Plant Speedometer

The I-PACE Concept also demonstrates just how much interior space Jaguar's cab-forward design and electric powertrain creates.

"Our brief was to create a spacious performance SUV that could comfortably carry five people. Otherwise we had a clean sheet of paper. To deliver this, we embraced the freedom that electrification offers designers.

"The electric powertrain and the cab-forward layout positions the driver further forward, increasing the space for row-two occupants. This also allows the 530-litre luggage compartment volume without compromising the dramatic silhouette."

Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar

The driver focus that typifies Jaguar cockpits is complemented by intuitive interface designs and advanced materials that demonstrate Jaguar craftsmanship in innovative new ways.

Vehicle Automotive exterior Gadget Material property Tints and shades

The driver and passengers sit lower than in conventional SUVs. The I-PACE Concept's slimline seats position the hips lower in relation to the heels. This 'Sports Command' driving position provides a sports car's sense of connection with the road.

The I-PACE Concept's cab-forward position, low bonnet and short overhangs provide the driver with an exceptional view of the road and the vehicle's surroundings. A little like the Jaguar E-Type, the front wings beautifully frame the road ahead, enabling drivers to select the line through corners with confidence.

The interior's breadth and feeling of spaciousness is clear from the moment the door opens. Entering the I-PACE Concept, the driver can view the entire width of the flat floor through a cantilevered centre console, providing an immediate sense of the space the vehicle's innovative design has created.

Car Gear shift Vehicle Steering part Plant

The instrument panel is positioned low and its simple horizontal lines and minimalist switchgear help further emphasise the interior's size. The centre console cossets the driver, with two 'looping' metal struts beautifully framing the access to a stowage area under the control panel - a motif that will recur in other future Jaguars.

These struts also enable a tactile replacement to the traditional gear shifter. Buttons integrated into the strut enable the driver to reach down and select forward, neutral, park or reverse intuitively with a simple press of the thumb.

Throughout the I-PACE Concept's interior Jaguar's careful selection of high quality, natural materials and its high standards of craftsmanship bring a pervasive sense of luxury and sustainability. The interior's finishes create rich textural contrasts. Windsor leather covers the front of the seats, laser-cut with Jaguar's signature lozenge motif, sewn with contrasting twin-needle stitching and edged with coloured carbon fibre trim. The seat backs are finished in Moonstone Alcantara.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Window Head restraint

The doors offer similarly tonal layering of aluminium, Alcantara and dark, unvarnished open pore walnut veneers. Fine details such as the audio speaker grilles are integrated into the door handle finishers and feature a jewel-like, 3D relief that also references Jaguar's lozenge motif.

A full-length panoramic glass roof extends the sweeping angle of the windscreen and floods the
I-PACE Concept's interior with natural light. The glass integrates seamlessly into the interior thanks to a lozenge-patterned ceramic print that unites the roof with other interior surface finishes. At night, an array of LEDs embedded in the roof illuminate the patterned glass to create a stunning visual effect.

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.