Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orders for the I-Pace open in March 2018 at an estimated price of between £60k (for entry-level, single-motor versions) to £85k for the flagship twin-motor version. Some 25,000 buyers have already registered their interest, with first deliveries expected Q3 2018. Not only will they be at the front of the queue when order books officially open in March, but a lucky few have been chosen to accompany Jaguar's engineers as prototype vehicles complete final validation tests.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Ian Hoban, Jaguar Vehicle Line Director, said: "After 1.5 million global test miles, the I-PACE is ready for production and is proven to deliver long distances on a single charge. Jaguar's first battery electric vehicle will also be fast to charge; our target is a zero to 80 per cent charge being achievable in a short break."

Full specification and pricing for Jaguar's electric performance SUV will be announced in March 2018 when order books will officially open.

One year on from its virtual reality reveal at LA Auto Show, I-PACE production prototype is back in town for final range and durability tests ahead of its 2018 global reveal. The I-PACE production prototype drove 200 miles from Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, to Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, on a single charge of its advanced Lithium-Ion battery.

WATCH THE I-PACE COMPLETE WEST COAST ROAD TRIP TEST FROM SUNSET BOULEVARD, LOS ANGELES, TO MORRO BAY, SAN LUIS OBISPO -

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

Having a single motor version w/could be relevant....bigger seller even (than 2 x motor depending on price differential)?

Choice of front or rear wheel drive/increased range/ 0 - 60 (from circa 200BHP) still 7 secondish?/price etc.

I still think range is a bigger issue than 0 - 60 so getting (significantly) over 300 (UK) miles RDE (not NEDC) may be preferable to 0 - 60 in 4 sec...how often will that occur?.

Cheers,
Dieter

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John32 said:
I don't know where that information comes from but it contradicts earlier official info regarding the motors. Ziebart explicitly said they'd only make a dual motor version
Official release from Jaguar. Also mentioned by Autocar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My thoughts are that the euro 106k for top spec is way over my price range. This equates to £95k.

The bottom line is that no one knows yet and these are just educated guesses.

My thoughts are that all the versions will have the same 90kwh battery and c400bhp..I am not sure that jag will be able to have multiple versions. I think that the options list will be massive, 22"wheels, sunroof etc etc will make the top spec in the region of £85k, base model with some options (still want the big wheels and sunroof) will be around £70k and with the 4.5k government grant (uk only) I think I could just squeeze the cash..

Does anyway know if you can get a hire purchase as the worse thing you want to do is buy one only to fine that in 6 months tune a new battery technology is available which makes the car worthless!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do keep in mind that those prices (if correct), would be prices in the Netherlands. So those include road taxes, which are high in NL. For comparison, just configure an F-Pace, a Velar or BMW 5-Series on a .nl website...

·
Registered
4 Posts
John32 said:
The tax in NL is more than just the 21% VAT. The road tax (BPM) is included in the price of new cars as well.
However the BPM is 0% for electric cars. If you have a fossil fuel car, the BPM can be a few thousands up to well over 10k euro. So you cannot compare the prices of a BMW 5 series with an full electric car, as the BPM will make a huge difference.
The road tax in the Netherlands is some thing else, that is not included in the new price but that you pay monthly.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts