Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jaguar I-Pace electric crossover will be built in Austria by contract manufacturer Magna Steyr, Automotive News Europe reports.

Sky Building Nature Cloud Plant

Jaguar Land Rover agreed a deal last year under which Magna would build two future models. At the time, JLR did not specify which models they would be, though it was expected one would be an electric car, and the other the upcoming, fifth-generation Land Rover Discovery.

According to ANE, JLR CEO Ralf Speth confirmed in an interview that the I-Pace would be one of two cars built by Magna. However, he would not be drawn on what the second would be.

Construction has already begun on an extension to Magna's production facilities in Graz to prepare for output of two JLR models. German magazine Automobil Produktion reported this week that marketing group IHS Automotive foresees production of about 13,000 I-Pace SUVs with Magna in 2019, the EV's first full year on the market.

Jaguar Land Rover's UK plants in Coventry and Halewood are already running close to capacity and have little room for expansion. On top of the Magna deal, JLR has opened a new factory in Brazil, and has confirmed it will add another in Slovakia.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts