Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The order book is so well filled that we face a bottleneck in the batteries in the coming year, although of course we have planned a buffer" - said JLR boss Ralf Speth.

So, is the I-pace just another production limited car with annual capacity of 15K? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Taken from here: <TWITTER id="1036916142143627264" url="https://twitter.com/Petercampbell1/status/1036916142143627264"> </TWITTER>

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
drobchak said:
"The order book is so well filled that we face a bottleneck in the batteries in the coming year, although of course we have planned a buffer" - said JLR boss Ralf Speth.

So, is the I-pace just another production limited car with annual capacity of 15K? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thanks for the post - it would be weird if Jaguar would be the only BEV manufacturing without a shortage. Although for me it is surprising that they call out batteries as Jaguar's bottleneck considering that Magna factory production capacity is only 20-25k per year.

Not sure if the Tesla route of building own battery factories is the actual solution, it might help to have more in-house control, but the real bottleneck I believe is raw materials needed for these batteries.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts