Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Jaguar 's PATHETIC Colour Selection

14K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  anupanu 
#1 ·
Why on earth are YOU not providing a desirable range of colours for the i-Pace. - e.g. a choice of Greens and Blues, In these times, with URGENT need for environmental action, to not promote at least a couple of GREEN colour choices is absurd (Band-Wagon Overtakes i-Pace)!
Mind you, the choice of colours for All European Car Manufacturers is Dull Dull Dull and green seems especially rare!
Maybe someone needs to start an owners pressure group!!!

#2 ·
Think of the bright side.... Look at the limited range that some other makers offer with only one (black or white) as standard.

#4 ·
Land Rover's even worse - I think their colour range is inspired by 50 Shades of Grey.

It's not just JLR though, we're currently pre-ordering a Mini Electric and considering the Mini is meant to be a 'fun' car, the choices are: 2 blacks, 2 greys, BRG and flat red.

#5 ·
I agree.
I was very frustrated with the available colours when I bought. I really wanted Loire Blue, a lovely dark blue available on other JLR cars built in UK. HRH Prince Charles got himself a Loire Blue I-Pace, when he got one to demonstrate his environmental credentials. The fact that his body shell had to be shipped to UK to paint then back to Austria to assemble seemed to have escaped notice!

I'd never want a green car (except maybe BRG) but that's my personal taste. And anecdotal evidence that green cars have lower residuals...

#6 ·
Just compare it with Tesla, let alone the polestar, a pallete of Nordic greys if ever I saw one.

Ipace is not as good as some, but better than others.

Of course these days it's really a moot argument. if you want something colour to sample - just get one in a free colour bank the metallic money and get it wrapped in a colours heme and design to suit your hearts desire.... Then come resale your original paint is nice and protected underneath...

#10 ·
I walked into a showroom today and was told that eiger grey will be replacing corris grey. However when I spoke to the leasing guy from the same showroom he said that its still corris grey and he does not believe they are changing it. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

#11 ·
patkinson1966 said:
I asked why they weren't doing the car in British Racing Green. "No requirement for it".

I think it would have looked amazing in BRG!
I also requested a standard Jaguar 'Sherwood Green'. As you can see from the signature line, I also failed.
We keep telling you customers; there is no demand for it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#12 ·
Alloez said:
I walked into a showroom today and was told that eiger grey will be replacing corris grey. However when I spoke to the leasing guy from the same showroom he said that its still corris grey and he does not believe they are changing it. Can anyone shed some light on this ?
I wonder if they've just renamed it (I believe to align with LR colours). For example, Glacier White became Yulong White (same paint code) around 2018.

#15 ·
Because all manufacturers make choice available based on most ppl choices to reduce cists. That's why u see a lot of Greys and so few real colours...
Look howany grey black or white ipace theoretical are 9n the roads compared to other colours and it's same for all cars.
Why bother with lot of colours when 80% of ppl choose black, white or grey ?

#16 ·
elbocko said:
patkinson1966 said:
I asked why they weren't doing the car in British Racing Green. "No requirement for it".

I think it would have looked amazing in BRG!
I also requested a standard Jaguar 'Sherwood Green'. As you can see from the signature line, I also failed.
We keep telling you customers; there is no demand for it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are right about both greens. My last two Jags (XF and F-Pace) were both BRG and if it had been available on the I-Pace I would have ordered it.
Not being able to get a Jag in Green is like not being able to get a red Ferarri.

#19 ·
Good Afternoon JAGiAM,

Thank you for your post.

I-PACE has a similar number of exterior paint colours as other vehicles in the Jaguar range, generally 2 solid, 8 metallic/pearlescent, and 2 premium options.

The range of colours does differ from other Jaguars as I-PACE (and E-Pace) are made in a different factory to the rest of the Jaguar range.

I hope this has answered your question.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#20 ·
For what it's worth, I believe Jaguar Racing Green would have been beautiful on I-PACE. I had an S-Type in that colour and it looked stunning, especially with light Oyster upholstery. Very disappointed in the very limited range of colours available on I-PACE. I suspect I'll settle for Photon Red, but would have much preferred a more metallic bright red such as Renault or Mazda do; or, better yet, JRG.

#21 ·
R04drunner1 said:
For what it's worth, I believe Jaguar Racing Green would have been beautiful on I-PACE. I had an S-Type in that colour and it looked stunning, especially with light Oyster upholstery. Very disappointed in the very limited range of colours available on I-PACE. I suspect I'll settle for Photon Red, but would have much preferred a more metallic bright red such as Renault or Mazda do; or, better yet, JRG.
What about Firenze Red? I had a RR in that it was a very nice colour.

#23 ·
Tophe74 said:
Yes if u want real red, Firenze red is better.
You went for Photon I see.

Firenze Red looked less than inspiring on the configurator, but I will take a look at images I can find online - those might look better!

Many thanks - to you and ChrisMc

#25 ·
FENorway said:
Why can't Jaguar do as Audi,MB and BMW and let us choose any colour we want for some extra money?

Here's an e-tron Sportback 55 in Ipanemabrown
0-02-04-85b9a5e83d6a540006aab498c2e247037640660475ded925c51fc69812d78095_6d5d074.jpg
ROFL
It is well known that at least in the UK, Brown cars have the highest depreciation of all.

You could get the car 'wrapped'. I'm sure that even a leopard skin pattern is available if you really wanted it?

#26 ·
SammyD said:
FENorway said:
Why can't Jaguar do as Audi,MB and BMW and let us choose any colour we want for some extra money?

Here's an e-tron Sportback 55 in Ipanemabrown
0-02-04-85b9a5e83d6a540006aab498c2e247037640660475ded925c51fc69812d78095_6d5d074.jpg
ROFL
It is well known that at least in the UK, Brown cars have the highest depreciation of all.
You didn't get the point.
Case is that you can have whatever you want by those JLR like to call their competitors.
Even colours with high depreciation. BTW I choose the colour I like on my cars. Not the colour a potential second hand owner likes. Doin that you end up with a car you didnt want and doesnt like :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.