Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The I-Pace site in Australia has been updated and in the FAQ section charging I saw;

Q: Should I charge to 100 per cent every time?
A: We suggest you charge I‑PACE to 80 per cent and only charge to 100 per cent when a long journey is planned. This is a typical recommendation for electric vehicles and ensures that the battery life and performance is optimised.

Our electric vehicles have a charging management system which will optimise your charging requirements accordingly.

So that a change from always charge 100% it will be fine....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oz-ipace said:
The I-Pace site in Australia has been updated and in the FAQ section charging I saw;

Q: Should I charge to 100 per cent every time?
A: We suggest you charge I‑PACE to 80 per cent and only charge to 100 per cent when a long journey is planned. This is a typical recommendation for electric vehicles and ensures that the battery life and performance is optimised.

Our electric vehicles have a charging management system which will optimise your charging requirements accordingly.

So that a change from always charge 100% it will be fine....
Interesting change in standpoint by JLR! Can you post the link? Will take delivery soon and will challenge the Dutch dealer with that information. This clearly supports the request to be able to set a charge limit as a percentage!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Even more interesting:

Q: Is there an iOS or Android app that can assist with managing how I charge I-PACE?

A: Yes. The InControl Remote app, available for both iOS and Android, enables you to stop or start charging, manage departure times, pre-condition your vehicle, manage tariffs and set a maximum state of charge. The app also sends you notifications if the charge plug is unexpectedly removed or if charging has stopped due to lack of power.

Maybe there is an other version of InControl Remote iOS for Australia, but I can not find anything about setting the maximum state of charge.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jeggo said:
Even more interesting:

Q: Is there an iOS or Android app that can assist with managing how I charge I-PACE?

A: Yes. The InControl Remote app, available for both iOS and Android, enables you to stop or start charging, manage departure times, pre-condition your vehicle, manage tariffs and set a maximum state of charge. The app also sends you notifications if the charge plug is unexpectedly removed or if charging has stopped due to lack of power.

Maybe there is an other version of InControl Remote iOS for Australia, but I can not find anything about setting the maximum state of charge.
well done, now we know where to find software release notes for new features :lol: :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts