Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having spent many many many hours of my life waiting in various JLR dealerships for repairs and service actions, with no clue as to how the actual work was progressing.
Today I have my ioniq 5 project 45 in for a software update, and who would believe what they have in the waiting area.
A tv monitor showing the live status of all jobs in then workshop
bloody brilliant.
Oh JLR coffee n cakes is better though :)

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Having spent many many many hours of my life waiting in various JLR dealerships for repairs and service actions, with no clue as to how the actual work was progressing.
Today I have my ioniq 5 project 45 in for a software update, and who would believe what they have in the waiting area.
bloody brilliant.
The live status on work at many JLR dealerships would not be pleasant viewing!

Hyundai, Kia, Toyota and some others have a big advantage - they build cars properly that don’t breakdown very often. Over the years I’ve had a few Toyotas, easily the most reliable and the dealers have very little repair work to do, whereas JLR get snowed under.
Perhaps someone could explain why they can build reliable cars where JLR and others can’t.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My sister has a hyundia, it broke last year, needing a new intake system,intake flappy paddle things etc, luckily all on warranty. So all is not perfect in the hyundia camp.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dominos is quicker.:oops:

Font Brickwork Display device Brick Electronic device

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
90 Posts
bloody brilliant.
Any battery over-heating issues when fast charging?
There's an interesting review by Tesla Björn of the I5 P45 where the car throttles available power/acceleration, after high speed charging, until the battery reaches lower temperature.
Maybe it was just the particular car he had.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have rapid charged at IONITY several times.
No issues at all.
it charges soo fast I have to rush in Costa …..

Reactions: Jaglar

·
Registered
486 Posts
There is so many "little" things that JLR could do to show that he cares about his customers. Being more transparent, show more info, listen to customers and shows roadmap for improvement, update the software, etc.... All this does not cost a lot, but show a lot how much you care about your customers.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think that should be "JLR can't build reliable EVs" - the four ICE Jaguars I've had have been very reliable.
Someone is having problems because JLR are bottom of the reliability index (BMW and Porsche are not much better), Hyundai is close to the top,

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My - balanced view.
Is that all BEV’s have had problems. For the most part they are software related

software - infotainment system
Software - Battery management
Software - drive train
Software - conectivity
Etc
Software will always , well for the foreseeable future, be the Achilles heal. It’s just soo complex in a multi layered multi device end user driven system

It took Microsoft and apple decades to get close to a reliable first release OS. The automotive industry should be a little quicker though.

my p46 ioniq 5 just had its first round of software patches today. I expect at some point to be back for more………

its the price early adopters have to pay.
How long have Tesla been building cars. Many still look like they were assembled In The midlands during the 1980’s - which is even more confusing as to why?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any battery over-heating issues when fast charging?
There's an interesting review by Tesla Björn of the I5 P45 where the car throttles available power/acceleration, after high speed charging, until the battery reaches lower temperature.
Maybe it was just the particular car he had.

i don’t think so. The Kia EV6 does it too. Inadequate battery cooling.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Software will always , well for the foreseeable future, be the Achilles heal. It’s just soo complex in a multi layered multi device end user driven system
That's the reason why JLR MUST include the 43 ECU modules in the car to SOTA, not a couple of them.
And they should send update to EVERY cars everytime they have a solid update.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's the reason why JLR MUST include the 43 ECU modules in the car to SOTA, not a couple of them.
And they should send update to EVERY cars everytime they have a solid update.
The present selective update strategy has its advantages, I think someone here coined the phrase "update angst". If you are not first in the queue for an update and the latest update causes mayhem on the first few hundred vehicles then you can ignore the update when it appears. "update to EVERY car" each time sounds risky in the JLR implementation.

·
Registered
541 Posts
There is so many "little" things that JLR could do to show that he cares about his customers. Being more transparent, show more info, listen to customers and shows roadmap for improvement, update the software, etc.... All this does not cost a lot, but show a lot how much you care about your customers.
Agree, Polestar and Etron just got some great updates like preconditioning of the battery.

It should be very easy for Jaguar to offer user control of battery preconditioning both in the car and in the app. And while we are at it, give me the possibility to force extended ride height (yeah I have been stuck) and torque/brake split of front/rear, "Configurable Dynamics" looks like an afterthought.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Coffee n cakes? I need to find a better dealer!
Landrover tonbridge. Spent many a day in there, usually took my teenager as they had canned drinks which we don’t allow at home.
That said. Hyundai tunbridge wells have fair coffee. No cakes though 😟

Reactions: AndyP
1 - 17 of 17 Posts