Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jaguar-driven-to-cut-costs-in-2-5bn-turnaround-bid-fgk2hdswh?shareToken=bfa2c37b5f2a38ea2b48b704dd9d1183

JLR seem to be in some difficulty, at least for the short-term, whilst they try and play market catch-up with new technologies. The article talks of cost-cutting, reduced investment in new models & technologies (by £500m to £4bn !) and job-cuts.

It's not clear how such significant cost-cutting fits in with trying to develop EV and market-share at the same time. It also worries me that it may result in inadequate support/ development for iPace.... think, for example, about development work on software addressing the issues of inefficiency, and on software updates to improve the vehicle.

Some difficult balancing ahead for them......... I certainly don't think we will experience the same focus on continuous development that Tesla put into their 1st generation EV products....

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am also looking for a busy period of software development and improvement having follower Tesla for a long time, this is part of the fun of running an internet connected EV capable of software updates.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts