Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 week old car had a meltdown yesterday. Have had no Traction Battery fault warning the day before, coming up to a very busy round about at rush hour a mass of warnings flashed. I momentarily lost power and brakes !!!!馃槺
finally the Traction battery fault stayed with ok to drive with caution. I then went to drive away only to get a severe judder. Being in heavy traffic, I juddered along until at about 20 mph it smoothed out. But each time I pulled away, it returned. I noticed the DSC light had also come on. Finally managed to judder into a Homebase. Tried to call the dealer馃槨 Left message to ring me back. Nothing!!!
After about 15mins I tried pulling away, judder gone.
The car has done 208 miles !!!
It is going in to the dealer today, but am worried I will lose it for weeks.
Has anyone else experienced this problem.
My heart is still thumping.

Registered
As it restarted after 15 mins and driving normally the fault was most likely the software not loading correctly on the previous startup.
Let鈥檚 hope a software update at the dealer will fix it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I should have, but went into panic mode when brakes went. At dealers now. Will update.
They have told me they have never experienced this before!!

Registered
Mine's with the dealer at the moment with a load of restricted performance faults which first appeared a couple of weeks before Christmas, cleared on power up and then came back whilst on a long journey South. The judder/shuddering I felt when reversing off the drive but cleared. It was like the ABS was getting involved but more likely the synchronisation of the motors is being lost or failing and one is fighting against the other. Currently awaiting Jag TA to get involved.

Registered
Yes, I should have, but went into panic mode when brakes went. At dealers now. Will update.
They have told me they have never experienced this before!!
Yea, Yea,

Registered
Mine is also at the dealer with exactly the same fault and very similar mileage and age. Currently working with Jaguar TA and customer relations

Registered
I've just had an update on my issue, the car needs a new EDU which I believe is the front motor assembly. Apparently it was on back order but should be sorted some time next week. Fingers crossed!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update.
Have today had a call from the dealer. Apparently They have found the fault, and the car needs a new rear inverter, and power cable. !!
Parts on order.
Estimated return date.
Sometime in February 馃が
The only consolation is that they have now given me a I Pace as a loan car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts