Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just placed my order through the NHS salary sacrifice scheme. They have indicated a 28 week wait :( but from what i have been hearing even this may be optimistic.

I had to keep costs down so I have specified Solid white paint with black exterior finish, oyster/ebony leather because it would appear that Driver Pack requires this and I want adaptive cruise control for coping with holiday traffic on the A30, Cold Climate pack because I like the windscreen demister, gesture tailgate and air suspension because we have some pretty rough tracks here in Cornwall. I passed on the panoramic roof and upgraded wheels and other goodies because of the cost. The 18" wheels do look a bit puny but apparently give a slightly better ride and efficiency. I may get them powder coated black later. I have been torn between Fuji White and Corris Grey - both look great to me but I had to choose - anyway, the salary sacrifice scheme is a lease arrangement with final purchase option and in 3 years time there may be some new developments so I could always change colour and start again!

I did have a test drive at my local JLR dealer which was in a way pointless because I was already sold on the concept and looks alone but wow - the finish, acceleration and driving experience left me in no doubt that I am getting the right vehicle for me. Totally a different league from anything I have driven before.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well done. In my humble opinion you will not regret your decision. I have gesture tailgate because it is standard in FE but wouldn't choose as have not really used it except "play" with it!
Regards,

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
carpenpa said:
Hi, I have just placed my order through the NHS salary sacrifice scheme. They have indicated a 28 week wait :( but from what i have been hearing even this may be optimistic.

I had to keep costs down so I have specified Solid white paint with black exterior finish, oyster/ebony leather because it would appear that Driver Pack requires this and I want adaptive cruise control for coping with holiday traffic on the A30, Cold Climate pack because I like the windscreen demister, gesture tailgate and air suspension because we have some pretty rough tracks here in Cornwall. I passed on the panoramic roof and upgraded wheels and other goodies because of the cost. The 18" wheels do look a bit puny but apparently give a slightly better ride and efficiency. I may get them powder coated black later. I have been torn between Fuji White and Corris Grey - both look great to me but I had to choose - anyway, the salary sacrifice scheme is a lease arrangement with final purchase option and in 3 years time there may be some new developments so I could always change colour and start again!

I did have a test drive at my local JLR dealer which was in a way pointless because I was already sold on the concept and looks alone but wow - the finish, acceleration and driving experience left me in no doubt that I am getting the right vehicle for me. Totally a different league from anything I have driven before.
:D yes it makes everything else you drive feel like a tractor doesn't it :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having been informed by my finance adviser that salary sacrifice is not a good idea for me I had to cancel my order with that scheme and re-order through my local dealer. It seems to be a dangerous precedent that each time I spec the car I tend to add things rather than take away! Anyway, with what I wanted I was better off going for an SE spec with a few extras and I decided to have a panoramic roof too. This time I went for Corris Grey with ebony interior and kept with the silver window trims. The dealer suggested delivery would be March / April and I would have a later model year vehicle as a result. He suggested that some of the previous issues with delivery time estimations may have been partly due to the WLTC changes? Only time will tell but now that I have signed on the dotted line the excitement and anticipation begins. Having watched probably every youtube video covering the iPace it is great to get further first hand feedback from the forums. Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a similar spec White with18 inch wheels.Its fantastic the wheels look great and are fitted with huge tyres that must match the overall size of the other options so don't worry it looks terrific and will give a nicer ride in any case.Its the best car ever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts