Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday evening an unfortunate thing happened.

Around 22:30 hours, someone tried to break into my I-Pace while it was parked in the parking garage which is part of the appartment block where I live.
The perpetrator tried to smash the windows of the front passenger door, but the window, although hit twice, did not fully break and the car alarm then scared him off.
I heard the alarm go off, wondered if it was my car and decided to check. Before I was even out the door, I got a phonecall from Jaguar InControl telling me the alarm had gone off and if everything was ok.
Apparently, the car itself is locked in such an event to make it undriveable, but after my ok they 'released' it.

Checking the rest of the garage with a quickly arrived police officer, it turned out that there were three more cars which had windows smashed. The I-Pace was the only car in which the entry failed.

All in all, very angry and sad this has happened, but am glad to learn that Jaguar InControl responded so quickly. Had I been further away or asleep, I would not have heard the alarm go off and normally would not have discovered the damage until the next morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That will be the laminated front windows that stopped them.

Good to know the car will alarm with a shock like that.

Hope its only the glass they damaged.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dwf4500 said:
That will be the laminated front windows that stopped them.

Good to know the car will alarm with a shock like that.

Hope its only the glass they damaged.
Yes, definately the laminated glass helped. Stupidly enough, there was nothing of value in the car. Can't speak for any of the other three cars though (Kia, VW and Opel).

Car will be inspected by the repair service tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts