Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The info I received from Jaguar advised that launch would be "2018" but I see in the latest issue of WhatCar? mag that they claim it is now 2017............. journalistic licence?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Apparently the official date is "early 2018" according to quotes from the Jaguar Land Rover CEO Ralf Speth:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmccormick/2016/12/22/jaguar-to-surprise-electric-vehicle-world-with-shocking-new-2018-entry/#2710f0cf3bf3

In other quotes it is even more explicit that the launch date is moved earlier:

"According to Jaguar Land Rover CEO Ralf Speth, the automaker is "now in pole position for the EV era, with an early 2018 on sale date" for I-Pace. We should point out that "early 2018" is moved up from the previous statement of second half of 2018."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My current car (excuse the pun!) will be 3 in spring 2018 and normally I don't keep Land Rover products after the warranty has run out................. it's just too expensive not to have the warranty when things fail/ go wrong - so I'm sure that even a mid 2018 will mean that the earliest cars will have found the technical problems and the factory has been able to fix them!

·
Registered
12 Posts
our dealer recently updated their website,
it now says:

Will be released at the second half of 2018. (I'm sure Europes would get a earlier launch date)

Global debut of the production model will be at the end of 2017.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tim said:
The info I received from Jaguar advised that launch would be "2018" but I see in the latest issue of WhatCar? mag that they claim it is now 2017............. journalistic licence?
It wouldn't surprise me if the I-Pace is launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show on the 12th/14th of September. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Frankfurt is done and gone and still no news. My local dealer says don't hold breath for even an early 2018 launch, possibly late 2018 now............ LR has just announced PHEV versions of L494 RRS and L405 RR but the dealers know nothing and order books don't open until May 2018 at the earliest so it looks like after nearly 30 years buying and running JLR products i'm going to defect to a BMW Mini Countryman S E AWD or Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. All this uncertainty makes me think that the marketing boys at JLR have triumphed again over the Engineering teams and announced products that are nowhere near market ready.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tim said:
So Frankfurt is done and gone and still no news. My local dealer says don't hold breath for even an early 2018 launch, possibly late 2018 now............ LR has just announced PHEV versions of L494 RRS and L405 RR but the dealers know nothing and order books don't open until May 2018 at the earliest so it looks like after nearly 30 years buying and running JLR products i'm going to defect to a BMW Mini Countryman S E AWD or Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. All this uncertainty makes me think that the marketing boys at JLR have triumphed again over the Engineering teams and announced products that are nowhere near market ready.
The RRS and RR PHEV have been launched in Norway, and dealers are taking orders.

The I-Pace will be delivered to customers autumn 2018 as planned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts