Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having to take my car back in since my brand new HSE is leaking some sort of oily fluid - brake or suspension I would assume - from the driver's side rear of the car o_O Leaving a mess all over my drive. About half an egg cup full per day I'd guess. Not what I wanted from a brand new car.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would put an egg cup or at least a tray and catch some and show the dealer, if it’s brake fluid don’t drive it.
It will drip water from the aircon but nothing else.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Leaking that much brake fluid should cause a low brake fluid warning to appear.
It could be a bad shock absorber with a blown seal.
It could be a bad seal on the axle shaft to motor joint. There's oil in the differential part of the motor and that could leak past a bad seal there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There is no fluid on the floor this morning. I have the car booked in tomorrow for them to look at it. That is quite a bit of fluid leaking out and it did the same all over my fiancee's driveway as well. Seems to have stopped now though.
Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Grey Tar

·
Registered
195 Posts
Coud it be water? Maybe it's just water condensation from the aircon?! This might happen if you have high outside temperatur and you use aircon in the car to cool down the cabin.

Reactions: Rolerwilly

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coud it be water? Maybe it's just water condensation from the aircon?! This might happen if you have high outside temperatur and you use aircon in the car to cool down the cabin.
Thanks for your thoughts but I don't think so. Had it been water it would evaporate away leaving no stains on the driveway. It is definitely something oily. It is booked into JLR service tomorrow for them to take a look.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out to be a broken rear shock absorber that is leaking oil. It is being replaced tomorrow. The leakage appeared to stop because almost all the shock absorber oil has leaked out already. Hence I have to drive the car very minimally and carefully until it is changed out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts