Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have approximately 12 month to go on a pcp agreement for my present car and I have been looking into the jaguar I pace to buy there seems to be around a 12 months waiting list in the uk mainly due to dealers only being allotted 6 I paces I've been in contact with several jaguar dealers trying to get info if ordered what could be a likely delivery date in all cases I've not really even got to even having a demonstration drive was hoping to get a delivery date before my present car agreement ends but as near to the date as possible maybe production rates will increase and delivery's increase so I will get a better response from dealers but it seams the Leasing companys are able to get I paces for delivery within 21 days im looking further into things but it would be nice to know what members feel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi
I have been burnt on my current diesel Sport Autobiography. It is on a 4 year PCP and the backside has fallen out of the diesel market - only 11 months to go and currently would need to contribute £2000 to get out of the Sport.
For my FE due in February I have agreed a lease deal - with same deposit as a PCP deal, the repayments are around £60 per month lower for the lease. My thinking is that saving 36x£60 can set me up in the same was as any equity which might have built up on my iPace to go to my next car - hopefully by then maybe a fully electric Sport ?!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not sure which dealers have been suggesting 12 month delivery.

Our local dealer this morning was quoting March / April 2019 delivery if ordered soon.

We have leased, as the deals were to too good to resist.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Chippy my advise would be to lease , besides the possible better delivery time you don't gamble on the resale value of the I-Pace in 3 years or more

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've opted to buy. But I am gambling on residual values. Plus lucky enough to not have to borrow so saving on interest. But shop around.. there were ( in the UK at least) some cracking deals on 18 month leases on the S spec.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My thoughts at this present time is lease due to the lack of true range details many are now reporting a range of around 150 miles this is way below the range jag have advertised the car at but this may be scaremongering which seems to have increased since the Audi etron has been rolled out supposedly to get more custom buying the etron instead of the ipace myself I want to lease or buy a car made by a uk manufacturer. Audi being a member of the vw group who have been found in the past to tell lies falsifying test criteria. As I am at present tied into a pcp on my present car till next September I have been trying to order a ipace on lease to coincide with my present car going back now going the route of buying is much more straight forward dealers have an idea when to order but there again ive seen reports of delivery time being extended after the order has been made in several cases by months. As ev buying being not easy whether I order or not is still up in the air ill keep looking and see if things get better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.