Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
At least with the I-Pace you need a bigger hammer :)
I observed that the BT OBD is only emitting when the Start/On button has been pressed, at least that is what I see on the BT device menu of the phone.
As soon as you shut down, the BT connection is lost.
Not on my MY20 car with OBDLink LX, it can wake up the ECUs and retrieve data whenever I want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just added to the top post the list of confimed working OBD BLE dongles. It does not mean that others BLE dongles won't work, just that those are the ones that have been tested up to now.
Thank you Kermit for all your hard work on this.

WARNING:
The VGate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 is one of dongles listed as working with ABRP and is very reasonably priced at around £30. However when you go on the UK Amazon site for this, there is a big red warning saying “it does NOT fit the Jaguar I-pace SUV Ev400 AWD!”.

So take care which dongle you order. Looking at the photo it is difficult to see why it would not fit the I-pace but the warning is pretty explicit.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The Andorid version of ABRP is not yet the final one, there are some issues with Big G in releasing it. So if you test with the PCC dongle is using the Android app you may want to wait for the next update to confirm it. With iOS I got report from italian users that it should be working

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just setup ABRP with an OBD BT dongle. Pity that the data visible in the phone app, like battery temperature, is not mirrored in CarPlay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Vgate iCar Pro BLE OBD2 dongle arrived today. Fits the I-Pace fine. However, once connected, I discovered that the ABRP OBD live data only works with model year 2021 I-Pace, mine is a 2020. Hoefilly ABRP will add the MY2020 at some point.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My Vgate iCar Pro BLE OBD2 dongle arrived today. Fits the I-Pace fine. However, once connected, I discovered that the ABRP OBD live data only works with model year 2021 I-Pace, mine is a 2020. Hoefilly ABRP will add the MY2020 at some point.
In progress

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
MY19 and MY20 are coming very soon, just a matter of few days.

Currently MY21 is supported but MY22 should work as well. I had no access to MY22 model to confirm but I'm very confident the data are managed exactly as in MY21.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@kermit68 - is there a support address I can contact as I purchased one of the ODB devices but it errors out within the ABRP app when I try to pair. Sadly the ODB device doesn't come with an app so I can't really see if it is the device / Car or me!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@kermit68 - is there a support address I can contact as I purchased one of the ODB devices but it errors out within the ABRP app when I try to pair. Sadly the ODB device doesn't come with an app so I can't really see if it is the device / Car or me!
No, unfortunately there is none available for the that. What kind of OBD did you get ? Android or iOs ? I can ask to the developer if he is aware of any specific problem ....

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, unfortunately there is none available for the that. What kind of OBD did you get ? Android or iOs ? I can ask to the developer if he is aware of any specific problem ....
Hi @kermit68 - that is very kind of you to ask the developer, I went for the Maclean MCE200 Interface, Connector, Cube, Scanner OBD2 Bluetooth 4.0 iOS. It was listed on the ABRP page as compatible but I acknowledge it may not be with my car (2021 i-PACE)

This is the error I get when trying to pair

Font Screenshot Multimedia Darkness Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Did you select in the ABRP settings the correct car model "Jaguar I-Pace 2021 EV400" ? I know it's a silly question, but just to be sure. ABRP uses different commands to communicate with different cars so it's crucial you already have the correct car profile selected BEFORE trying to connect to the car otherwise the correct communication profile won't be used. Please let me now.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'll ask the developer but if the app does communicate with the OBD dongle I'd rather think it's something related to the dongle itself rather that some problem with the app. I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It's not a known issue unfortunately. You can send a bug report: at the end of the settings page there is a "support & feedback button" -> "report a bug"

Before that you may want to logout from the app, then login and try again to connect. When I was using Torque Pro to send live data sometime I had connction problem and that was solving out the problem. Don't ask me why or how ...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Any news on the MY19/20 cars?
Next ABRP release should include support for MY19/20 too. There is still a slight problem with charging sessions but it's not a major bug. Within the end of this week it should be available.

Reactions: Herrie

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi @kermit68 - that is very kind of you to ask the developer, I went for the Maclean MCE200 Interface, Connector, Cube, Scanner OBD2 Bluetooth 4.0 iOS. It was listed on the ABRP page as compatible but I acknowledge it may not be with my car (2021 i-PACE)

This is the error I get when trying to pair

View attachment 7140
Had this error first time around on MY19 as well w/ OBDlink CX. Cannot really remember what I did, but surely involved Turn car off/Turn car on and unplug/replug dongle. Nothing special.

Now it's is working without problems.

MY19 we missed the original release. MY19 tester (me) had non-BLE dongle :rolleyes:. It's tested now and should be released soon (with our without charging information).

Reactions: Zapcat

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was able to select the MY2021 model and ABRP was able to connect to the car with my VEEPEAK BLE dongle (but not read data). Waiting for the MY2019 model to be able to test it...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts