Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems that the pandemic is also to blame for jaguar Landrover cancelling the previous automatic provision of replacement car when car is for warranty repair or safety recalls.

My car was taken into Inchcape Chester on 6th September pre-arranged by my allocated case manager from Jaguar Customer Solutions to check out the telematics unit reported as faulty by Jaguar Assistance. i was made aware that if i want a loan car from the dealership i had to wait till the next car is available on October 5th but the case manager assured me that if it went beyond two days they would have to provided a car under the jaguar mobility scheme. Two days later still no car and i was refused a loan car and was told i had to hire a car up to £80 per day pay the invoice directly and they would refund the cost. Case manager supported their action
as did his line manager and it was pointed out that no dealerships now have loan cars available due to covid restrictions for sanitising the cars in and out. On the end of the fourth day i was told the car was not ready but i was not entitled to a car because it was not a breakdown case as it was driven in and not recovered by Jaguar Assistance. Dealerships now use Enterprise Rental to provide the cars which are then loaned out to customers who qualify and many have these cars on the premises in a prearranged limited number. Inchape had apparently reached this limit so could not provide an Enterprise rental car. it seems that you are now only guaranteed a loan car if your car is recovered by jaguar Assistance as being undriveable.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Goldjag said:
it seems that the pandemic is also to blame for jaguar Landrover cancelling the previous automatic provision of replacement car when car is for warranty repair or safety recalls.

My car was taken into Inchcape Chester on 6th September pre-arranged by my allocated case manager from Jaguar Customer Solutions to check out the telematics unit reported as faulty by Jaguar Assistance. i was made aware that if i want a loan car from the dealership i had to wait till the next car is available on October 5th but the case manager assured me that if it went beyond two days they would have to provided a car under the jaguar mobility scheme. Two days later still no car and i was refused a loan car and was told i had to hire a car up to £80 per day pay the invoice directly and they would refund the cost. Case manager supported their action
as did his line manager and it was pointed out that no dealerships now have loan cars available due to covid restrictions for sanitising the cars in and out. On the end of the fourth day i was told the car was not ready but i was not entitled to a car because it was not a breakdown case as it was driven in and not recovered by Jaguar Assistance. Dealerships now use Enterprise Rental to provide the cars which are then loaned out to customers who qualify and many have these cars on the premises in a prearranged limited number. Inchape had apparently reached this limit so could not provide an Enterprise rental car. it seems that you are now only guaranteed a loan car if your car is recovered by jaguar Assistance as being undriveable.
Shocking state of affairs, I guess the only thing to do in the future is call Jaguar Assist for even the smallest thing, at least they come out and get on with any repairs pretty quick. BTW my car was recently in at Inchcape Preston for a service and some warranty updates, they gave me a courtesy car no problem, but I did have to wait a month to get one. How they expect someone to drive half and hour or an hour or more for a a service and then expect you to hang around all day because they cannot loan you a car is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
ChrisMc said:
Goldjag said:

Shocking state of affairs, I guess the only thing to do in the future is call Jaguar Assist for even the smallest thing, at least they come out and get on with any repairs pretty quick. BTW my car was recently in at Inchcape Preston for a service and some warranty updates, they gave me a courtesy car no problem, but I did have to wait a month to get one. How they expect someone to drive half and hour or an hour or more for a a service and then expect you to hang around all day because they cannot loan you a car is beyond me.
Do not get me started about Inchcape Preston, absolutely hopeless dealer who caused me more issues than they fixed (with AC and module updates). Will never ever use them again despite them being by far my most convenient dealer. Vertu Bolton ultimately sorted the probs despite being a much more arduous drive to and from.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My car was in Chester for 3 weeks, but fortunately I called out the rescue, for H288, so I was sent over to Enterprise and got a disco, after a week I was swapped into a new I-Pace - but these are clearly Jaguar's car, not the dealer, as all the locations it had been to were other dealers in the NW.

I also run a fleet of vans, and they also operate the same system, if you drive in you dont get a loaner. If you get rescued you do. The logic of this in terms of customer service and retention is utterly beyond me. Likewise as a drive in, you are at the bottom of the list for the repair, because no-one is fighting for you.

Add in Covid and Brexit labour shortages, and its not pretty....

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
So the logical question is how do you ensure you disable your car without Jaguar Assist being able to rapidly fix it?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
electric beagle said:
ChrisMc said:
Goldjag said:

Do not get me started about Inchcape Preston, absolutely hopeless dealer who caused me more issues than they fixed (with AC and module updates). Will never ever use them again despite them being by far my most convenient dealer. Vertu Bolton ultimately sorted the probs despite being a much more arduous drive to and from.
Yes, I have had a few run ins myself with them too, however, this time I shopped around for the best price and they came up the best, so I risked it, as it turns out, it was all pretty easy to deal with them this time, whether I use them again is another matter, depends on what I need. I certainly wouldn't buy a car from them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Must be Pot Luck I guess.

Our car went into Carrs Jaguar in Truro for its first service last week. We've clocked up 12,500 miles in two years.

We were provided with a new I-Pace as a courtesy car (1,200 miles on the clock), and it was quite interesting seeing what differences there were between our MY20 and the new MY21 model.

I didn't dare mess around with the Pivi Pro and left it on Radio 2 (yuk!). The new car seemed a bit quieter - seats had better lumbar support and the indicator click was muted.

Acceleration was the same but the regen braking seemed sharper (both cars set on high regen braking) in the MY21 car. Other than that the two cars seemed very similar.

It was also interesting to note that the interior of our two year old car was every bit as good as the new car. The exterior on our car is also good - a couple of minor chips on the lower front - but nothing major.

Carrs did the service and updated the infotainment software from 16.2 to 19.2. They also replaced the old wind deflectors for us which had come loose. The new ones seem much sturdier.

Unfortunately the courtesy car also had massive writing down the sides saying that a lease deal could be had for £615 - so I felt like a mobile advertising campaign!

So all in all, quite happy with the service we got from Carrs in Truro, which is just what it should be.

Regards,
Nigel

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have just booked my car in for a couple of warranty jobs on Monday 18th October(earliest available date). It would have been 1st week in November if I wanted a courtesy car.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Daon7800 said:
I have just booked my car in for a couple of warranty jobs on Monday 18th October(earliest available date). It would have been 1st week in November if I wanted a courtesy car.
This has been my experience since Day 1

Actually Day 2 as Carrs were OK (apart from some pre delivery check issues being skipped).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hatfields Shrewsbury were excellent with me mid Sept. Car taken in for a telematics problem, with hopeful 15 minute fix, which turned into an hour without joy. Gave me a nice shiny new F-Pace hybrid as a loan car. Very impressed with the loan car, the help and the eventual fault solution two days later. And I loved their whole new service department handover process - more like a decent hotel valet than a card dealers, super friendly and quick too. I'll be back in a months time for an MoT so we'll see how that goes but so far, so very good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After all the hassle going five days without a car i collected my car from Inchcape Chester on Saturday 11th after a new telematics unit was fitted. Worked fine till Monday 20th when the Drive icon on screen went red and most the info on screen was blanked off. Tuesday 21st car went to sleep again so in control unavailable.
Jaguar assistance came Wednesday 22 and discovered new telematics was not talking to the car so arranged recovery back to Inchcape Chester and told me not to take it in till Jaguar rang to confirm loan car was available. In the end took car into Inchcape 10am on 23rd and was picked up by prepaid taxi and taken to Hatfields Liverpool to pick up the I Pace loan car which had a tag on keyfob saying it belongs to Enterprise Car Hire. As yet my car has not been looked at but hay ho i am mobile this time.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Goldjag said:
After all the hassle going five days without a car i collected my car from Inchcape Chester on Saturday 11th after a new telematics unit was fitted. Worked fine till Monday 20th when the Drive icon on screen went red and most the info on screen was blanked off. Tuesday 21st car went to sleep again so in control unavailable.
Jaguar assistance came Wednesday 22 and discovered new telematics was not talking to the car so arranged recovery back to Inchcape Chester and told me not to take it in till Jaguar rang to confirm loan car was available. In the end took car into Inchcape 10am on 23rd and was picked up by prepaid taxi and taken to Hatfields Liverpool to pick up the I Pace loan car which had a tag on keyfob saying it belongs to Enterprise Car Hire. As yet my car has not been looked at but hay ho i am mobile this time.
I am not mobile because I have to produce a driving licence in order to meet insurance requirements; and my licence has been buried in the amorphous lump called the DVLA since July this year. So I sit and wait and hope. Meanwhile the staff at DVLA are going on strike because their managers are telling them that they have to go to work :evil: 😠

·
Registered
204 Posts
elbocko said:
I am not mobile because I have to produce a driving licence in order to meet insurance requirements; and my licence has been buried in the amorphous lump called the DVLA since July this year. So I sit and wait and hope. Meanwhile the staff at DVLA are going on strike because their managers are telling them that they have to go to work :evil: 😠
If you have a current passport you can renew online. I did that recently (as seen reports of months of delays) online renewal and arrived in about three days!!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
jpbates said:
elbocko said:
If you have a current passport you can renew online. I did that recently (as seen reports of months of delays) online renewal and arrived in about three days!!
Thanks for the suggestion but the DVLA website refused me and said I had to apply by post. Just and over 70 renewal but it wouldn't let me. Something to do with the Covid-19 renewal rules ( 11 month extension) not being recognised by the system, I gather, or maybe the system is just fed up. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
jpbates said:
elbocko said:
My licence was coming up for expiry at the end of the month. Renewed online and had the new licence in a week much to my surprise.

·
Registered
204 Posts
elbocko said:
Thanks for the suggestion but the DVLA website refused me and said I had to apply by post. Just and over 70 renewal but it wouldn't let me. Something to do with the Covid-19 renewal rules ( 11 month extension) not being recognised by the system, I gather, or maybe the system is just fed up. :roll: :roll:
How annoying. Mine was extended under covid, and about 9-10 mths in. I appl;lied early as seen about delays. May be as over70? Does that need a GP sign off??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
as recorded earlier ny car was back into Inchcape as the new telematics failed again after about ten days but this time i had a loan car. car taken in on Thursday 23rd and on Monday 27 inchcape rang to ask me what is wrong with the car and i explained it was back to sleep with insomnia. Tuesday afternoon i gave permission for the technician to travel home in the car and back to work for two days to test the car under road conditions. Thursday afternoon received call from my Jaguar Case manager to say car is ready and i should expect a call from Inchcape soon after the final test to collect the car. This did not happen so on Friday checked the app and sure enough the car was now awake and talking to the in control . The strange thing was was that after the car was supposedly ready to collect it was then driven from garage to guys home then back to garage then on the motorway to Ellesmere Port parked for two hours then back 11.23pm to unknown road at some place in Cheshire. i queried this with Inchcape and was told that the technician had to use my car as his own was parked up in the Inchcape car park . So he actually drove my car to his home after work although the repair was finished then drove my car back to showroom where his car was parked. So why did he not use his own car to go on a jolly to Ellesmere Port. all told the car did 152 miles when in the care of Inchcape so i mentioned this to my Jaguar Case Manager and he said was not to worry as the guy was covered by insurance if anything had happened to my car . On a more serious note the cars is already acting up saying the windows are open and car is unlocked when they clearly are not but don't want it in Inchcape for another week .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts