Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Loan vehicle under warranty

7K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  CatInaTree 
#1 ·
My 10 month old iPace has been at the dealer for 8 days with an AC charging fault. Despite being under warranty, they will not give me a loan vehicle because they "don't have a diagnosis". They haven't even looked at the car for the last 2 days and will not return my calls! Jaguar customer service say they are looking into it but no solution forthcoming. Has anyone else had this experience? Can anyone advise me please?

#2 ·
Yes my i Pace was delivered no car charger cable so had to wait 2 days for that then air con not working car only one day old booked in garage and was advised that there's is no courtesy car available for 3wks
since then car has been back again got it back still same problem so booked in again and has been in for 7 days so from new I have done more miles going to and from garage than personal miles and been garage more days than I have had it and not able to use for 11 days and still offered other same story non available for wks then what really annoyed me I was advised if one was available I would have to pay £25 car ins well Jaguar I am going to pick car up today and if I have same problem I want a full refund from a really pissed of customer

#3 ·
I booked my car in for its 2 year service last week and tried to book a courtesy car as usual. They advised that they are no longer handing out courtesy cars, but they could give me a discount code for a hire car! As I do not live too far from the dealer (+/- 5 miles) I asked for a lift home from one of their drivers while they have the car. This was met by howls of derision as I was advised that their drivers were not allowed to carry passengers due to the COVID-19 risk. Is this the JLR service we paid for????

#4 ·
JOCK55 said:
I booked my car in for its 2 year service last week and tried to book a courtesy car as usual. They advised that they are no longer handing out courtesy cars, but they could give me a discount code for a hire car! As I do not live too far from the dealer (+/- 5 miles) I asked for a lift home from one of their drivers while they have the car. This was met by howls of derision as I was advised that their drivers were not allowed to carry passengers due to the COVID-19 risk. Is this the JLR service we paid for????
I think you need to change your signature! :lol:

#6 ·
Well, when my wife had a Mini, the dealer had the car picked up from home and delivered after service...
I usually get a taxi when I leave my Jag for service...
Jag is one of the worse customer service...it's well known. I made peace with this. I like their car and I will buy their products regardless of poor service... the day I want better service I ll get a Lexus.

#7 ·
JOCK55 said:
This was met by howls of derision as I was advised that their drivers were not allowed to carry passengers due to the COVID-19 risk. Is this the JLR service we paid for????
I guess you might feel differently if as were the JLR employee that had to give a stranger a lift home after they just dropped their car...

I had written a long rant in reply to your comments, but perhaps it's best to say "Put yourself in the shoe of the PERSON you'd ask to give you a lift home, would you do it?".

#8 ·
fa147 said:
JOCK55 said:
This was met by howls of derision as I was advised that their drivers were not allowed to carry passengers due to the COVID-19 risk. Is this the JLR service we paid for????
I guess you might feel differently if as were the JLR employee that had to give a stranger a lift home after they just dropped their car...

I had written a long rant in reply to your comments, but perhaps it's best to say "Put yourself in the shoe of the PERSON you'd ask to give you a lift home, would you do it?".
fa147, you did well not posting your rant as I doubt it would have held water!
it is rather non argument by the dealer as taxis, mini cabs and uber are transporting people around every day! As long as the driver and customer wear masks and the vehicle is sanitised after the trip then I fail to see why the dealer can't offer the service.
Maybe it is more 'can't be bothered'?

With respect to loan cars, a car that comes in for warranty work is valeted inside and out before being returned to the customer, so a little more effort on the inside will sanitise to a safe standard when a loan car is returned!

There are plenty of JLR dealers who are offering loan cars and/or lifts home. Stratstone would appear to be a chain of dealers who don't, Grange in Swinden are!

JLR should make sure that their dealers ALL offer similar services and to the same standard.

Stay safe

Ian

#10 ·
Booking a loan car well advance I can totally accept as there are fewer staff on site due to Covid restrictions to organise everything.
To not offer any car or lift is just bad service, so well done Inchcape!

Name and shame/praise?

Stay safe

Ian

#11 ·
Hi,
My I Pace FE had a charging fault a few weeks ago. The trick to get a courtesy car is to use Jaguar Assistance to recover the car, if they do they will organise a courtesy car within a few hours of speaking to them. They will also organise a taxi for you to get to the dealer to pick the courtesy car up. If you take the car into a dealership with a fault, the car basically goes into a queue for diagnosis, you are also at the whim of the dealership if they have or have not got a loan car, and whether they give you one before or after diagnosis. My car was in for 8 days, I had a Range Rover sport, realised how much diesel these cars guzzle.
The car went into local Strathstone and they said if I took the car in, they had no loan cars......

Ian

#12 · (Edited)
I stumbled upon your post about the frustrating situation with your iPace. That's a bummer to hear about your AC charging fault and the lack of support from the dealer. It sounds like they're dropping the ball on customer service.
It might be worth considering reaching out to Mortgage Broker in Gloucester for any financial concerns you have. They're known for their expertise and could potentially provide some guidance on navigating loan options if needed.
By the way, I'm new to this forum too, and it's great to connect with fellow community members. Hopefully, Jaguar customer service will step up and resolve your situation soon. Hang in there, and I hope you get your iPace back on the road with a working AC soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.