Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking our youngest into UCLH I decided to charge the car whilst waiting. Bloody Hell. Using both the infotainment system and ZapMap resulted in nowt! All chargers were either taken, blocked by construction vehicles or taken by non-EVs! Has anyone else experienced this? By the way the car is registered with TFL as congestion charge free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Charging in London is a problem. I am a frequent visitor to London, (but do not live there) and it is always an issue. Looking at Zap Map for the UCLH area there are some chargers but mostly they are a short walk away and slow (3-4kW) Ubitricity/Shell ones on lamp posts. Zap Map is not perfect and some chargers do not show in London, I have found that the Ubitricity and the Source London Apps show some of their points that ZapMap does not. The issue with the lamp post chargers is paying for parking, it is never clear whether you have too pay for parking as well and I have received some parking fines , making it an expensive charge!

I find the Infotainment location of charge points strange and not very accurate... It shows my neighbour up the street as being a public charge point, they do not have an electric car or point! 😂

1 - 2 of 2 Posts