Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2022 HSE Black in Portofino Blue
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my new 2022 HSE Black edition back at the end of November, and it is fantastic to drive. However the Pivi Pro and technology are dire to say the least. Has anyone else had the following issues?
  1. Available distance shows as 184 Miles, when i parked up at night - started next morning 95! I drove to nearest charger, car wouldn’t charge. After locking and unlocking range was 156 (Enough to get home)
  2. Sat Nav freezes every time i use it, juts locks up on main screen. Only way to reset is park, lock vehicle, wait over a minute and then start again. The volume also goes from whatever radio station i am listening to.
  3. The latest software update downloaded to the car 1 week ago, and keeps asking me to schedule or update now. I have tried so many times, only to get back in and see the error message saying it failed. No reason given for failure.
Like I said at the start it is amazing to drive, but i just don't trust the technology. It is booked into my local dealer but not until February 11th.

Would be interested to know if anyone has had similar issues and how to remedy them.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
It may be that the car will require a wipe and reinstall of software by the dealer. I only suggest this as I have read about similar issues with other makes requiring the same. I had an iD4 which I traded in for my 2019 iPace after 2 months and the software on that was much worse.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome! Glad you like the drive.

I really hope the dealer visit sorts a lot of your issues out.. Mine was similar when I took delivery, some modules were up to date and some as per original build…. I believe as usual JLR (I also run a discovery) have over complicated many things, out sourced the infotainment/Nav and just underdeveloped other areas… the outcome is a lot of unnecessary clashes and bugs.

Get the dealer to forensically (you’ll have to drive this as they won’t offer it) to go through all modules even unrelated currently non troublesome areas such as charging software, secondary battery charging (its small and just runs the brake servo) but causes glitches, and of course, the Nav, infotainment and other glitchy stuff. Make sure it’s all upmto date and non conflicting.

I doubt a single owner has not had a system freeze or misbehave or glitch at some point. Its flawed and riddled with problems especially in the areas you highlight…… thankfully they are an amazing car and drive.
hopefully they can improve your situation but it will always need a little ctrl/alt/delete from time to time!

I appreciate this is not really acceptable particularly if you have come from a German marque or something prestige….. unfortunately it is the world of JLR.

health to enjoy 😊

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same issue here my SatNav freezes on every journey. Starts off OK and then freezes back at the start location, set it at home working fine got to the A12 and froze showing me I was still at home, it freezers on both Pivi screen and instrument panel.

I have raised a ticket with JLR customer Experience, gotta agree the car is great to drive but significantly let down by the technology specifically the software, Had the car less than a month so my customer experience isn't great at the moment and I have no desire to loose a day to take it to a dealer. JLR software development and test teams have a lost to answer for.

Reactions: Rapitt

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome. I have a November build MY22 HSE and experienced multiple bugs which seem to have been resolved by a day at the dealer over a week ago where multiple updates were applied. Not 100% sure yet as need to do a couple of longer journeys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took delivery of my new 2022 HSE Black edition back at the end of November, and it is fantastic to drive. However the Pivi Pro and technology are dire to say the least. Has anyone else had the following issues?
  1. Available distance shows as 184 Miles, when i parked up at night - started next morning 95! I drove to nearest charger, car wouldn’t charge. After locking and unlocking range was 156 (Enough to get home)
  2. Sat Nav freezes every time i use it, juts locks up on main screen. Only way to reset is park, lock vehicle, wait over a minute and then start again. The volume also goes from whatever radio station i am listening to.
  3. The latest software update downloaded to the car 1 week ago, and keeps asking me to schedule or update now. I have tried so many times, only to get back in and see the error message saying it failed. No reason given for failure.
Like I said at the start it is amazing to drive, but i just don't trust the technology. It is booked into my local dealer but not until February 11th.

Would be interested to know if anyone has had similar issues and how to remedy them.

Thanks
Took delivery of HSE Black on 1st December 2021 and am having the same problems, it went into the dealers last week for 3 days, had 7 updates installed that had down loaded but not installed when they should have done, collected it yesterday and it’s no different. Taken it back this afternoon. Also, voice control comes up randomly but doesn’t work, screens going blank and or sticking on an area we haven’t even visited. The fastest charge we’ve managed on public chargers is 20kw in 30 minutes but I’m told this is a problem with the chargers rather than the car?

·
Registered
14 Posts
As well as taking our vehicles back to the dealer shouldn't we all be calling the JLR Customer Experience Centre? Surely, if more of us log our each and every issue with JLR the more insight they get for resolving the issue, if an issue is deemed to be common they might even prioritise the fixes accordingly.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks
I took delivery of my 2022 HSE on Monday. It has replaced an SE which I had from new 2 years ago - lease now expired. New model is superb..... BUT.... had Satnav freeze twice and radio settings keep disappearing.

I hope this is a glitch and has settled, as someone else has said they do indeed like to over complicate matters! Hope you get sorted.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks
I took delivery of my 2022 HSE on Monday. It has replaced an SE which I had from new 2 years ago - lease now expired. New model is superb..... BUT.... had Satnav freeze twice and radio settings keep disappearing.

I hope this is a glitch and has settled, as someone else has said they do indeed like to over complicate matters! Hope you get sorted.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
our car has now been with the dealer for the last 2 weeks and they think they’ve found the cause of the problem.
There is a “kink” in the APIX cable. This would cause the sat nav to freeze.
Let us know if that cures it as like a lot of others I have the same problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let us know if that cures it as like a lot of others I have the same problem.
No sadly it didn’t, still not sorted, the dealer had the car for 3 weeks but no progress. It took the car back to the dealer again on Monday but came away again because they didn’t have a courtesy car availabl, despite we requesting when when appointment was made. We can’t keep going for weeks on end without a vehicle at all and I don’t see why we should have to hire one when it’s clearly a manufacturer fault!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ref the SatNav freezing, I had this occur shortly after the 3.0 Pivi update and cured it myself.

I downloaded the complete map set from the Incontrol map site and loaded it into the car. Once fully loaded I reset the system (press and hold the audio on/off button until the system resets) and since then all has been good.

This was the cure to some SatNav issues on my previous RR Velar and F-Pace.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ref the SatNav freezing, I had this occur shortly after the 3.0 Pivi update and cured it myself.

I downloaded the complete map set from the Incontrol map site and loaded it into the car. Once fully loaded I reset the system (press and hold the audio on/off button until the system resets) and since then all has been good.

This was the cure to some SatNav issues on my previous RR Velar and F-Pace.
Please share with us how you did this, what site you went to to download the maps and how you go about doing this.
All this is wildly unacceptable on a nearly £80k car. We are into high end 7 series here!

·
Registered
2021 HSE
60 Posts
Please share with us how you did this, what site you went to to download the maps and how you go about doing this.
All this is wildly unacceptable on a nearly £80k car. We are into high end 7 series here!
Follow the instructions here: https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/incontrol-user-guide/pivi-map-download.html- you need to download an app linked on that page, then the app will download the maps to a USB key. You'll need a pretty big USB key for it to work.

Note that the car automatically updates your country's map (so for me the UK automagically updates OTA, but I can use the USB key for updating the rest of the country maps).

FWIW my car is on Pivi 3.0 and has never had a single freeze or crash - bought it from the dealer with the updates already applied. Not a help for those with issues, but I can confirm that the software can work great once it's in a good state.

Reactions: KapilDev

·
Registered
110 Posts
As Human_error says and then push and hold the audio on/off button until the system resets.

P.S. I use a 64GB USB stick to download the maps and other files to. The complete file set is not just map info but also includes other elements, i.e. voices and speech files.

·
Registered
2021 HSE
60 Posts
I will add that the update takes a long time where the car needs to be turned on so Pivi is powered up - you can't start the update and then turn the car off. Mine took nearly an hour to complete the update during which time Pivi wasn't usable for other things, so bear that in mind when looking at when you'll update.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe you can still use the car while the update takes place, just not turn it off.

Not sure mine took an hour, probably more like 1/2 an hour. The download from the Web site is probably the longest time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I will add that the update takes a long time where the car needs to be turned on so Pivi is powered up - you can't start the update and then turn the car off. Mine took nearly an hour to complete the update during which time Pivi wasn't usable for other things, so bear that in mind when looking at when you'll update.
I tried this fix last weekend, a day later, issue reappeared. 3.2 update pushed to car and installed yesterday, no issues with nav so far!!

Reactions: KapilDev
1 - 20 of 27 Posts