Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to travel from Cornwall up to Nottingham in the New Year.

I was planning on stopping at Gloucester Services (which we know very well) on the M5, and then again on the M42 at either Tamworth or Moto Donnington Park.

I will not be in any time pressure but just want to have a leisurely journey with the best of charging stops.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice.

Happy New Year to all.

Kind regards,
Nigel

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you can make it to Cribbs Causeway then check out Mollies Diner and motel, 3 fast chargers and excellent food, find them on zap map. Used the location to and from N. Devon in September, Ecotricity chargers I think from memory.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Donnington Park Moto Services, M1, J23A
2 x Two Ecotricity pumps both 60KW
Happy New New Year to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nigel, where are chargers in the Penzance area that iPace users can use??? The only ones I am aware of are at Land's End - and you have to pay £10 or so to use the car park, or the harbour side car park in Penzance itself. Not exactly a lot of them. I need to work this out for my trips to Cornwall when I get my iPace.
Happy New Year.

·
Registered
88 Posts
KapilDev, I used the GeniePoint charger at St Erth railway station when I was down in Cornwall for a week in the summer. It worked fine but was often busy. I also used the GeniePoint at Trevissome Park on the way down. It worked perfectly but it's on a business park and there are no facilities at all, no toilets, coffee shop etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cribbs Causeway Mc Donalds - charge no 1, then couple of miles off the M1 - Rugby Services have a large amount of fast chargers. - sorry misread your route, donnington for second charge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
KapilDev, I used the GeniePoint charger at St Erth railway station when I was down in Cornwall for a week in the summer. It worked fine but was often busy. I also used the GeniePoint at Trevissome Park on the way down. It worked perfectly but it's on a business park and there are no facilities at all, no toilets, coffee shop etc.
Gosh, it looks a pretty bleak picture for charging at the toe of Cornwall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gosh, it looks a pretty bleak picture for charging at the toe of Cornwall.
Yes, that's why I charged at Trevissome Park on the way down so I didn't need to charge for the week spent exploring. Then I charged at St Erth before the return journey and that got me back to the chargers at Ikea Exeter, the halfway point to home.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You to all who provided helpful advice for my trip up to Nottingham.

The Gridserve chargers at Exeter, Gloucester and Donington Park all worked fine, first time, with no issues whatsoever.

I'd forgotten just how comfortable the I-Pace is on long journeys. However, we are happy to be back in Cornwall.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Nigel

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
A useful tip for those who are looking to spend time in city centre of Nottingham. The tram park and ride have 7Kwh chargers (BP Pulse) and parking is free.

The chargers are sparsely used and the car parks are spacious unlike the city centre car parks. Not the most rapid chargers but cheap and if you are in the city for a day or longer it works perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts