Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked the version of the maps installed in my car and it shows as

On jaguar.here.com I can see there's a later version:

I've downloaded using the Here Maps Downloader which wrote it to a USB stick for me.

I've followed the instructions in the document here: https://jaguarshop.here.com/static/WFS/Shop-Partners-Site/-/HA/en_US/Jaguar/Documents/Jaguar-manual.pdf but I can't get the car to do anything. Nothing appears on the display at all. I've tried with the engine running ( as per instructions ) and without but makes no difference.

Any thoughts/tricks to get it to do something?

Also, it implies in navigation settings there's an OTA check that can be done but it seems like that would be a huge update to receive OTA and when I do a manual check, nothing seems to happen. Should it work?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Was your USB stick formatted as FAT32?
Anything else it won't be recognised!
FAT32 and the map downloaded onto it, plugged into the car, when you touch navigation you will get a message which you click 'agree' and the maps will be loaded in. DON'T turn the ignition off during the installation. Go for a 25 min drive and it will install whilst you go along. The radio will cut out occasionally, this is normal.

Stay safe

Ian

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ianipace said:
Was your USB stick formatted as FAT32?
Thanks. The map downloader too did the formatting for me so assumed it would pick the right file system type and checking it now, it is FAT32.

I'll give it another go

·
Registered
130 Posts
The map update in the car starts only when you first starts the NAV and then insert the USB stick under the center arm rest.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaggy_Luss said:
The map update in the car starts only when you first starts the NAV and then insert the USB stick under the center arm rest.
Yeah, that's what I tried. By 'starts the NAV' I assume you just mean tapping the Navigation panel on the home screen?

I've reformatted and I'm redownloading - this time the maps with the 3-year subscription (the ones I did before were a 1-year subscription version)

·
Registered
130 Posts
[quote

Yeah, that's what I tried. By 'starts the NAV' I assume you just mean tapping the Navigation panel on the home screen?

[/quote]

Yes

·
Registered
377 Posts
scm said:
Jaggy_Luss said:
Sorry for my poor english.
The only thing you could have done "better" would have been to drop the last 's' from "starts" - "start the NAV". The rest was perfect, don't beat yourself up!
Absolutely!

There are plenty of Brits whose English isn't nearly as good as yours!

Stay safe

Ian

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jaggy_Luss said:
Sorry for my poor english.
Sorry if I made it sound like that wasn't good English, it wasn't that, it was more to make sure that my understanding of the NAV was the same as yours.
Thank-you for taking the time to reply, I'd never criticise in that way.

I've tried a couple more times to no avail. I'm going to try a new USB stick tomorrow, see if that makes a difference

Thanks again

·
Registered
204 Posts
Often does not recognise USB3.1 USB so best to use USB3.0 stick

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just thought but have you tried both USB sockets in the centre cubby box?
One of mine was iffy and didn't recognise the USB stick. The other socket was perfectly OK.
It was replaced and since then I have had no problems. I now use a 32GB USB C stick with USB 3.1 the other end.
USB C into the computer and USB 3.1 into the car's socket.

By the way I have not had success using the downloader formatting - maybe because I'm using a Mac, but formatting using the MacOS disk Utility works every time.

Stay safe

Ian

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ianipace said:
Just thought but have you tried both USB sockets in the centre cubby box?
One of mine was iffy and didn't recognise the USB stick. The other socket was perfectly OK.
It was replaced and since then I have had no problems. I now use a 32GB USB C stick with USB 3.1 the other end.
USB C into the computer and USB 3.1 into the car's socket.

By the way I have not had success using the downloader formatting - maybe because I'm using a Mac, but formatting using the MacOS disk Utility works every time.

Stay safe

Ian
That's interesting - I have tried both sockets, they both recognise my Android phone for Android Auto but not the USB. I'm also using a Mac, I'll definitely try formatting using Disk Utility instead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems to be have been an issue with the USB stick, a replacement arrived today and was recognised first time.
Thanks for all your help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.