Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Having just come from a Tesla Model S in which all it mirrors self tint at night and both side mirrors dip to a user selectable position when reverse is engages does the FE also offer all that?

I have checked the "Owner Manual" and I can't see a reference to it, I have a top line F Pace as a loaner at the moment and the N/S mirrors does not tint and neither mirror dips on reverse.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arc said:
Thank you very much, those docs are much better that the app thing I thought I had to use and I am glad it has the dipping feature on both mirrors.

I was amused to read that the setting to fold the mirros in on locking has to be set by the dealer, really?

"The door mirrors can be configured by a retailer/authorised repairer to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked, and unfold when it is unlocked."

Do you happen to know if the N/S mirror has the self tinting glass?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't know it's market dependent but
Option code 030NL reads Auto -dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory and approach lights.

So If there are no local variations due to regulations etc I would say yes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
arc said:
Don't know it's market dependent but
Option code 030NL reads Auto -dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory and approach lights.

So If there are no local variations due to regulations etc I would say yes.
Thanks, on my previous Audi's even with the top option for door mirros etc they never put self tinting glass on the N/S, very cheapscape IMHO, so I am hoping that Jag seen the light on this at makes both mirrors self tinting.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Arcam said:
Thanks, on my previous Audi's even with the top option for door mirros etc they never put self tinting glass on the N/S, very cheapscape IMHO, so I am hoping that Jag seen the light on this at makes both mirrors self tinting.
Strange, even my previous 2013 Skoda Octavia had self dimming mirrors inside and outside and had mirror dipping when putting the car in reverse.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Snoerd said:
Arcam said:
Strange, even my previous 2013 Skoda Octavia had self dimming mirrors inside and outside and had mirror dipping when putting the car in reverse.
My old Saab 95 Estate (2004) vintage had 'dipping for reverse' and an even older Citroen XM (3.0 engine) also did.
A lot of modern cars fold their mirrors but don't dip the, mirrors. I guess the advent of rear facing cameras has made this a thing of the past.

·
Registered
325 Posts
SammyD said:
A lot of modern cars fold their mirrors but don't dip the, mirrors. I guess the advent of rear facing cameras has made this a thing of the past.
I dare to challenge that. I use the mirror dipping to prevent damage to my rims while still parking reasonably close to the sidewalk. Maybe the 360 camera can do the same, but a normal rear facing camera is of no use for this purpose.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Auto fold was active when I received my I-Pace last week.
You are right, that the manual says it has to be coded by the dealer.
The manuals for F-Pace, E-Pace and XF say the same. The 2016 XF I had for lease, also has the auto fold activated.

CU

Jens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts