Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this beauty at Autotrader on Saturday 3rd Nov and immediately placed my deposit, Corris Grey, Oyster seats and 22 inch wheels for £75990, with 1050 miles. Car first registered on 17th Oct and returned as the business user did to many miles - obviously did there research before buying!
New price was £84953 with the 22 inch wheels and the extras, mud flaps, rubber mats etc etc, so a saving of £4000 taking into account the subsidy of £4500, which is a good deal to me.
I have removed the 22 inch wheels and fitted the 18 inch with Pirelli All Season tyres, which together with the air suspension makes for a very comfortable ride.
The 18 inch wheels where an eBay bargain (from Jaguar main dealer) wheels removed from showroom car, never been on the road, the whole lot wheels, tyres plus centre caps £900.
Picked up on 8th Nov, sold Porsche Macan S
Pros:
Max regen, One pedal driving love it.
Comfort
Cons:
No rear wiper
Instruction Manual written by someone who assumes you know how to operate/use all the features, not written as a guide on how to operate

Lastly - anyone want to but a set of 22 inch wheels - immaculate only 1150 miles on? open to good offers

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Interesting. There seem to be 2 or 3 of us here with Macans currently (mine's an SD) who are wavering about whether to jump for an I-Pace or not. Be helpful to hear any more detailed thoughts on Macan vs I-Pace.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think you got a good deal there.

I know they must take up a lot of space, but I'd hang on to those 22" wheels if I were you. If you ever want to sell the car then I'd say its value as an FE would be marked down by more than what you'll get for them now. Given you can't buy an FE with 18" wheels.

I could be wrong of course... but that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
206 Posts
bimjim said:
Congratulations... it looks great.

I might be interested in your old wheels... Depending on which ones they are, and where they're located.
They will be the 'Style 5069' with carbon inserts... the only ones available on an FE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Comparison of Porsche Macan S (petrol, 19 inch wheels, air suspension and 14 way seats) to my new First Edition - I have only covered a couple of hundred miles since delivery, initial impressions are -
A composed and comfortable ride no doubt helped by fitting of 18 inch wheels
More refined driving style, with the instant throttle response, no lag.
Regeneration set to maximum makes for very good one pedal driving, you can hustle only country roads without using the brakes
Brakes - to me the pedal feels a little spongy compared to the Macan, but they certainly stop the car when required, just a different feel to get used to.
Seats find the 18 way seats very comfortable plenty of adjustment.
Steering wheel only negative is that not electrically adjustable, very poor for an expensive car
Controls - not very intuitive, poor menus, trying to turn on/adjust seat heating whilst on the move not good.
Rear window vision (with privacy glass) very poor
Turning circle - big, Jaguar need to learn from Porsche, the Macan was miles better.
Matrix LED lights no experience yet.
Charging is not an issue as only cover around 7000 miles a year - BUT you cannot control the time period with the App
Pre-conditioning, this is great being able to heat the interior prior to driving off, takes 30 minutes and you have lovely warm car, all controlled from your phone (or cool car for those in sunny climes)

Overall I am very impressed, glad I made the switch.

The 22 inch wheels are the ones with carbon fibre inserts, I am South Lincs area near A1

·
Registered
4 Posts
MEO, that's a lovely car - I also think you've had a very lucky find!

It sounds as though you can't be far from me, I'm on the Leics/Lincs border. I'm due to pick up my Caesium Blue SE on Thursday, so I may see you in passing sometime soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts