Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a good part of the day today at a JLR dealer, test drove the I pace for 3 to 4 hours, what an amazing car with fantastic performance, :D there's nothing to compete with it AFAIC. Hope to be ordering one very soon. However, while there I was told (top secret ;) ) that any cars ordered in the UK from now on will be MY20 cars, assuming dealers don't already have build slots booked.

Also, a new configurator will be launched .ca. 8th or 9th November and even if cars are spec'd on the current configurator they will be upgraded to the new specs in November. New specs will upgrade the base model with heated steering wheel, heated seats etc, other models will also have slightly better base specs, but, prices are going up as follows:-

Model
S increase by £1000
SE increase by £500
HSE increase by £550

Not massive increases and some is to cover the slightly higher specs models will have, but increases none the less.

So I am waiting for the new configurator to come out to see the full spec change before going further with speccing etc.

Just thought it might be of interest to some, especially UK buyers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great info, thanks!
Did they tell you by any chance that MY20 will have a three-phase onboard charger? If not, would you be able to verify that with them one of these days?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MartijnEV said:
Great info, thanks!
Did they tell you by any chance that MY20 will have a three-phase onboard charger? If not, would you be able to verify that with them one of these days?
No sorry there was very little more they could or would tell me, however, by early November it should be easy to find out as the new configurator will be available.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Interesting. I have been hovering on the brink of ordering a Corris Grey HSE and adding the winter pack and black pack but wonder if it's worth holding off to see what the 2020 spec will be ?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was lead to believe that even if you order now using the current configurator, nothing will happen until the new MY20 is available and your MY19 spec will be changed to suit whatever the new configurator spec'd.

In fact the dealer principal told me to wait and use the MY20 configurator rather than waste my time now, or words to that effect. That suited me anyway as I am in no rush to change cars just at the moment, but will have to get an order in within the next month or so due to the long delivery periods being quoted.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know that car model years (like printed magazines) always run ahead of real time, but even so it seems odd to be talking about MY20 when we still have almost 3 months of 2018 to go. And it also seems unusual to be considering building MY20 cars before the midpoint of 2019. Hopefully that doesn't translate into a delivery wait of 9 months plus, for I-Paces ordered now!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes and MY 19 is only 6 months old as it was presented 8n march 2018. So I think it's a bit soon to talk about MY20.
Anyway in France the MY model start January of the year. So we still in MY18 here ... A bit confusing those MY differences.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So anyone care to hazard a guess when the factory will switch to 2020 my build?

I ordered a bog standard S two weeks ago, would be nice to get heated seats etc.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When sat down with the DP the other day we all had a laugh at that, talking about 2020 when we are still quite a way from the end of 2018, but that's the way they are working.

·
Registered
528 Posts
R32Paul said:
So anyone care to hazard a guess when the factory will switch to 2020 my build?

I ordered a bog standard S two weeks ago, would be nice to get heated seats etc.
as soon as they've used up the pile of 1p chargers sitting in the corner................

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone heard anything more about MY2020 builds and any price increases ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I spoke to my lease company yesterday.

They confirmed that my car - ordered on 24th of September will be a MY20 build. Heated screen, washer jets and steering wheel.

S prices up £1000 and SE and HSE up £500.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my man was right, mind you he should be being the DP. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
My lease firm have confirmed that they are waiting on a Model Year 20 build slot but not mentioned any price or configuration bump... I'll ask and see what the formal word is!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spoke to my dealer again yesterday and they confirmed what they told me a few weeks ago, waiting the new Configurator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my ipace HSE (via a broker dealing direct with Jaguar) on 30 October. The order was confirmed and prices agreed. The next day I was told that Jaguar had bounced the order back as it was a MY20 and the spec had changed. The price had risen slightly but this was effectively cancelled out by not having to pay for the cold climate pack. The interesting thing is that my choice of wheels (20" 5 split spoke technical grey polished alloy wheels style 5070 - which were a £400 option) had now risen to become a £1916 option........

The good news is that other wheels had gone down in price and so for almost the same price as the 20" 5070 wheels I have now got 22" style 5056 which were a £1600 option. I have spoken to Jaguar customer services, who initially did not even understand what I was talking about, to point out that they had incorrect prices on their website. Either they should be very clearly stating on the configurator that the prices might change for a MY20 car or they could even alter the prices as no-one is now presumably going to order a car that isn't an MY20 model.

I love Jaguars and have now had 5 or 6 new ones but I am finding that the company is getting a bit confused on all sorts of issues to do with the ipace.

·
Registered
185 Posts
clive said:
I ordered my ipace HSE (via a broker dealing direct with Jaguar) on 30 October. The order was confirmed and prices agreed. The next day I was told that Jaguar had bounced the order back as it was a MY20 and the spec had changed. The price had risen slightly but this was effectively cancelled out by not having to pay for the cold climate pack. The interesting thing is that my choice of wheels (20" 5 split spoke technical grey polished alloy wheels style 5070 - which were a £400 option) had now risen to become a £1916 option........

The good news is that other wheels had gone down in price and so for almost the same price as the 20" 5070 wheels I have now got 22" style 5056 which were a £1600 option. I have spoken to Jaguar customer services, who initially did not even understand what I was talking about, to point out that they had incorrect prices on their website. Either they should be very clearly stating on the configurator that the prices might change for a MY20 car or they could even alter the prices as no-one is now presumably going to order a car that isn't an MY20 model.

I love Jaguars and have now had 5 or 6 new ones but I am finding that the company is getting a bit confused on all sorts of issues to do with the ipace.
It does seem odd that a style of 20" wheel is much more expensive than a 22" …….. Can you tell us how much the 22" style 5056 are now? - I have ordered them.

Do you know if there are any new colours?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts