Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order for an I-pace, and have been given a December delivery date. This seems optimistic to me, can anyone offer any advice/experience as to delivery times? Also I'm being told that there will be nothing missing from the MY22 spec eg HUD due to global chip shortage, again any views/advice on this as I don't want to find there are options missing when I collect the car. So far not impressed with Jag dealerships who would of thought it would be so difficult getting someone to take my money to order a car. 3 different dealersships.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same boat, confirmed my spec with the dealer the other day, awaiting confirmation of delivery date but will let you know when it comes in, hopeful for an update next week.

I'm honestly expecting next June delivery, I had an evoque on order and due to the shortage that's when it was expected and most of the parts are the same (cameras/cpu etc).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered HSE third week of August and given end of December delivery date. This has been brought forward, hand over now due 5th November. Build confirmed as HSE minus. HUD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps my delivery date isn't far off the mark then. Don't think I can go without HUD as I've been useing it for 5 years now and would really miss it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
TheRonin said:
Perhaps my delivery date isn't far off the mark then. Don't think I can go without HUD as I've been useing it for 5 years now and would really miss it.
I agree, for me HUD is a must-have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my MY22 HSE Black on Sept 1st and was told Dec delivery too. Definitely no HUD, 360 cameras or Clear Sight Mirror and now today told there is no cabin ionisation either. No news on delivery date conformation but dealer was confident it would still be before Xmas. I'm not particularly happy about it, but I'm sure its the same with just about all manufacturers at the moment so still going ahead. With the incentives for new BEV's these days it is still cheaper to buy new rather than equivalent used, and if the lack of tech is going to be missed that much then go with used I say. Personally I would rather have the new vehicle with better residuals etc and maybe get the toys with the next one when hopefully things are back to normal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have jaguar offered you a anything in return for not haveing the HUD, cameras ect ? I'll probably cancel my order if I get told there's no HUD or clearsight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Initially no, the dealer just said that they would adjust the price accordingly. I gave them a list of things that I would like to add instead and I ended up with illuminated door sills and WiFi data plan, hardly like-for-like in usefulness but apparently the same value. Personally I think the car is far more than just it's gadgets, yes I'm annoyed about the spec missing (I have hud in my existing car and love it) but it's only about 5% of the whole car, I'm still getting a brilliant vehicle, so I still can't wait.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
SimonDBB001 said:
I ordered my MY22 HSE Black on Sept 1st and was told Dec delivery too. Definitely no HUD, 360 cameras or Clear Sight Mirror and now today told there is no cabin ionisation either. No news on delivery date conformation but dealer was confident it would still be before Xmas. I'm not particularly happy about it, but I'm sure its the same with just about all manufacturers at the moment so still going ahead. With the incentives for new BEV's these days it is still cheaper to buy new rather than equivalent used, and if the lack of tech is going to be missed that much then go with used I say. Personally I would rather have the new vehicle with better residuals etc and maybe get the toys with the next one when hopefully things are back to normal.
I would personally be unconvinced that a MY22 missing half the spec would have better residuals than a MY21 with a full spec and starting at a lower price. The only real incentive for the new is 0% credit which whilst nice does impact the total amount of discount that will be offered so its swings and roundabouts. I don't see how new cars ever generally have better residuals than recent used.

The design of the car means that visibility is a challenge for both the rear and the corners of the car. For me the 360 camera is a must, the clearview mirror is pretty important but with the 360 camera you could perhaps live without it even if it makes reversing and manoeuvring more difficult. HUD is nice but I wouldn't miss it.

The combo of all of these things missing from a lot of MY22 cars is going to impact resale values, especially since there are little positive changes from the MY21.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SimonDBB001 said:
Initially no, the dealer just said that they would adjust the price accordingly. I gave them a list of things that I would like to add instead and I ended up with illuminated door sills and WiFi data plan, hardly like-for-like in usefulness but apparently the same value. Personally I think the car is far more than just it's gadgets, yes I'm annoyed about the spec missing (I have hud in my existing car and love it) but it's only about 5% of the whole car, I'm still getting a brilliant vehicle, so I still can't wait.
Personally I don't think that's a good swap. But as long as your happy with it that's all that matters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just checking at the used option, for my own sanity… Looking at a similarly spec'd/priced my21 car with 3000 miles I'm looking at over double the monthly payments with nearly 9% interest on PCP. I cannot find a car with my preferred colour/interior combination or wheels. Yes it has the toys but I it's way above my monthly budget. Buying new I get the exact colour and interior trim that I want, 90% of the additional spec (bearing in mind its a HSE) , 0% interest, within budget and it's brand new. For me it's a better deal to stick with the new, run it for two, maybe three years or so then change it for another new one. If I were paying cash outright for it I would probably have a different attitude (particularly with the dealer service), but I'm in reality just hiring the car for a few years. I bought my current used X5 outright and regretted it, (although I do have a large chunk of equity to go into the IPACE) I like the flexibility of PCP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my HSE back in June, should be coiming on the 5th Nov, just lost the hud and will only get one key (for now) well lets wait and see what turns up… if its missing anything eles it can go back…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SSW123 said:
Ordered my HSE back in June, should be coiming on the 5th Nov, just lost the hud and will only get one key (for now) well lets wait and see what turns up… if its missing anything eles it can go back…
Did you order clearsight or 360 camera?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
SimonDBB001 said:
Just checking at the used option, for my own sanity… Looking at a similarly spec'd/priced my21 car with 3000 miles I'm looking at over double the monthly payments with nearly 9% interest on PCP. I cannot find a car with my preferred colour/interior combination or wheels. Yes it has the toys but I it's way above my monthly budget. Buying new I get the exact colour and interior trim that I want, 90% of the additional spec (bearing in mind its a HSE) , 0% interest, within budget and it's brand new. For me it's a better deal to stick with the new, run it for two, maybe three years or so then change it for another new one. If I were paying cash outright for it I would probably have a different attitude (particularly with the dealer service), but I'm in reality just hiring the car for a few years. I bought my current used X5 outright and regretted it, (although I do have a large chunk of equity to go into the IPACE) I like the flexibility of PCP.
Makes sense I guess at zero % PCP

May I ask what the price you paid in total was, am curious to see if financing the PCP comes from dramatically reduced list price discounts.

I paid £71k in total for mine after discounts and dealer contribution financed at 5.9% which I have now paid off in full. Had a further £1.6k retrospective discount (paid back to me as cash) in respect of the missing steer assist and crappy dealers, so effectively £69.5k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed my order in early August 2021 (S trim with my desired optional extras). It was indicated for December delivery. Dealership called a couple of days (after order placement) to inform that HUD will be missing - else delivery time becomes undefined.

Last week dealership informed that delivery will be end of October (this month) - give or take a few days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
List price is just over £78k (with options), they have given me a £4K discount. But I have large deposit and the interest free. So saving £4K plus around £11k in interest over four years. I am only buying half a car remember, at the end of the term I can finance the rest if I want to or have a new one and start again. For me it's a no brainier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a little more off than the 4k deposit contribution, but did end up going via carwow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AB55 said:
I placed my order in early August 2021 (S trim with my desired optional extras). It was indicated for December delivery. Dealership called a couple of days (after order placement) to inform that HUD will be missing - else delivery time becomes undefined.

Last week dealership informed that delivery will be end of October (this month) - give or take a few days.
Is that with or without HUD?

·
Registered
3 Posts
TheRonin said:
AB55 said:

Is that with or without HUD?
Without HUD

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
SimonDBB001 said:
List price is just over £78k (with options), they have given me a £4K discount. But I have large deposit and the interest free. So saving £4K plus around £11k in interest over four years. I am only buying half a car remember, at the end of the term I can finance the rest if I want to or have a new one and start again. For me it's a no brainier.
List on mine was over £82k so I guess maybe you aren't taking the air suspension and AD? I paid £71k also via CarWow and with a £2k dealer contribution.

After discount and deposit I financed £61k and paid £825 a month before I paid it all off (as my most expensive interest bearing debt) last month to save £9k in total costs. This was before the initially unexpected additional £1600.

Doing some quick calculations, it would have been about £75 a month cheaper on the 0% finance deal for me assuming the same GFV and the reduced overall discount/dealer contribution.

However if repaying early (as I just have after 11 months) it would have cost circa £4k more in total even with the 0%. So the lower cost really only works if you intend to run to something close to the full term.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts