Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared with my previous MY20 the indicator on volume is very low and almost impossible to hear if the radio is on. is it possible to adjust this In settings?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Agreed, in addition the dashboard indicator lights are at the bottom which are below my peripheral vision.

·
Registered
142 Posts
When our I-Pace (MY 20) was in for a service, we were given a brand new I-Pace as a courtesy car.

I noticed that the indicator volume was noticeably lower than our, both in terms of tone and volume. I really liked it, and it seemed very refined.

However than upgrade to a new car, just for the indicator volume, I've just given up using them altogether!

We only had the new I-Pace for a day, so didn't dare touch the Pivi, and had to suffer with Radio 2 - Yuk!

Kind regards,
Nigel

·
Registered
132 Posts
JLR doesnt seem to be able to get the indicator sound volume right. Pre-Pivi cars had it too loud and obtrusive, and Pivi cars have it too soft. I dont think there is a relay ticking away any more, it is an electronically generated noise. It is muted if one is on a call or using the personal assistant (Alexa, Siri, Jag...) which in some ways is good, however, that audible feedback of the indicator not being there could be confusing... one may think that the indicator cancelled itself!! A display on the indicator in the heads up display if the noise if muted may be helpful. However, this wont be helpful in cars without HUD.
JLR really needs to work on driver feedback in their cars! to improve safety on the road!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
As a major car manufacturer I would of thought it be advantageous to monitor forums like this one, what better way to identify issues and measure strength of opinion.
A better way would be to listen to owners' complaints to either Customer Services or the dealer network. Forums can be a rather unreliable indication of issues (not this one, obviously, but how is Jaguar to know that?).

·
Registered
809 Posts
As a major car manufacturer I would of thought it be advantageous to monitor forums like this one, what better way to identify issues and measure strength of opinion.
The manufacturer knows what the issues are, they have done at least some prototype testing but wether they have fixed the problems or not the accountants pressure them to sell the cars. Other issues like low quality components is again due to accountants pressuring component suppliers to cut cut corners, it is possible to build cars that are reliable but not run by accountants.

·
Registered
132 Posts
In many instances and this is a case in point, many of these comments are observations not complaints.
Observations which has prompted the user to write about it, which means that it has bothered them.

I am also of the opinion that JLR could learn from the user feedback and make improvements. If they did that, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Observations which has prompted the user to write about it, which means that it has bothered them.

I am also of the opinion that JLR could learn from the user feedback and make improvements. If they did that, that would be awesome!
Maybe people complained that the early versions ticked too loudly since there's no ICE drowning the sound?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts