Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts
That's pretty crappy. I understand your disappointment. I guess there's not much you can do. If it's a deal-breaker, cancel the order. If it isn't, ask for a discount?

Sorry to hear - hope you have better luck at other BEV makers.
There are some very interesting new BEV's that have come to market or will do so shortly.

Thought I would pass on my HUD experience. I ordered a MY22 HSE (so HUD part of standard spec) mid-August with a delivery date 30th December. Last week dealership called and informed me that Jaguar cannot supply vehicle with HUD due to part shortages. Given all that I have read in the press and forums, I was not too surprised. My option was to cancel order and receive my deposit refunded or accept vehicle without HUD with revised delivery of mid-October. After a few words, dealership offered to reduce the vehicle price by the HUD option cost shown for other models.

Given the general uncertainties of manufacturers ability to deliver new vehicles, the reduction in cost and early delivery date I went with this. So, Santorini Black HSE with secure tracker, park assist pack, 3D surround camera, ClearSight mirror, fixed panoramic roof, privacy glass and fog lamps now due mid-October.

2Badgers said:
Thought I would pass on my HUD experience. I ordered a MY22 HSE (so HUD part of standard spec) mid-August with a delivery date 30th December. Last week dealership called and informed me that Jaguar cannot supply vehicle with HUD due to part shortages. Given all that I have read in the press and forums, I was not too surprised. My option was to cancel order and receive my deposit refunded or accept vehicle without HUD with revised delivery of mid-October. After a few words, dealership offered to reduce the vehicle price by the HUD option cost shown for other models.

Given the general uncertainties of manufacturers ability to deliver new vehicles, the reduction in cost and early delivery date I went with this. So, Santorini Black HSE with secure tracker, park assist pack, 3D surround camera, ClearSight mirror, fixed panoramic roof, privacy glass and fog lamps now due mid-October.
Is Park assist now back?

In fairness I find the HUD of very marginal benefit, some think it is essential, I think it is sometimes helpful mainly for the Nav if you use the built in Nav. It does however lack some functionality that would make it much more essential (e.g. Battery Charge %, Speed camera warnings etc). You would expect that price reduction offer to be made proactively.

Your only issue may come upon resale in that other models of a similar age with HUD will look a little more attractive but any additional resale value is likely to be dwarfed by the upfront saving.

2Badgers said:

Having had my car for 2 1/2 years, on reflection[sic], I would not option Fog Lights any more. The Matrix LEDs are outstanding. Try to contain your excitement but enjoy.

elbocko said:
2Badgers said:

Having had my car for 2 1/2 years, on reflection[sic], I would not option Fog Lights any more. The Matrix LEDs are outstanding. Try to contain your excitement but enjoy.
Wish I had them in hindsight the matrix lights are terrible in fog.

electric beagle said:
elbocko said:
2Badgers said:

Wish I had them in hindsight the matrix lights are terrible in fog.
Ah, that is interesting.

2Badgers said:

New joiner here, been reading this forum as a means of research prior to pulling the trigger on an order for a HSE I-Pace. So similar experience in that the dealer has come back to say that HUB is not available due to parts shortage and I've similarly asked for a reduction in price for what the HUD would have cost for other models. Waiting to see how the dealer responds.

However, I've also been told that beyond just the HUD, other options are becoming unavailable as well. I've ticked the box on the 3D Surround Camera as well as the ClearSight mirror and both are not available due to parts shortage. Have to say I'm pretty disappointed as I think both the 3D camera and the ClearSight mirror does materially add to the whole experience of the car, more so than the HUD. Its also interesting that I also ordered mid-Aug. To top that, I'm told delivery without the HUD, 3D camera and ClearSight is likely Jan 2022. Seems pretty interesting that two similar orders can have such varying dates/details!

BTW, you guys are great and I've learned a great deal from this forum. I'm jumping into I-Pace ownership with eye wide open!

I would not have the car without the 360 camera in fact I wouldn't have any car without it. The clearsight mirror is I think very important in the iPace without it the mirror view is terrible

I agree with electric beagle. These things are really good. If i could not buy a car with the hud and these two options, i would be cancelling my order and looking looking at a stock car that has the options.

I would also start looking into other brands such as the kia EV6 or Hyundai ioniq 5. It is sad for Jaguar but fact is the competition is very strong now.

OK, just to put things in perspective, my car doesn't have a 360 camera or a clearsight mirror and it's still fantastic.
It does have HUD, but it also wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

The main thing is the psychological letdown of not being able to get something you want (or even worse, something you had already ordered) and maybe more importantly, not having something that others have (either fellow Jaguar owners or owners of other luxury vehicles). Other than that, you'll be fine without these options.

For me 360 cameras are a waste of time. I only use reversing cameras. The 360 camera I guarantee you will almost never use. It literally hold no purpose other than it looks pretty cool and people seeing it for the first time will be impressed. I can't comment on hud as I've never had it although it's Specced as standard on the new 22 iPace I pick up tomorrow.
Will update &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

coleby1007 said:
For me 360 cameras are a waste of time. I only use reversing cameras. The 360 camera I guarantee you will almost never use. It literally hold no purpose other than it looks pretty cool and people seeing it for the first time will be impressed. I can't comment on hud as I've never had it although it's Specced as standard on the new 22 iPace I pick up tomorrow.
We use it every time we drive the car!

symos said:
OK, just to put things in perspective, my car doesn't have a 360 camera or a clearsight mirror and it's still fantastic.
It does have HUD, but it also wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

The main thing is the psychological letdown of not being able to get something you want (or even worse, something you had already ordered) and maybe more importantly, not having something that others have (either fellow Jaguar owners or owners of other luxury vehicles). Other than that, you'll be fine without these options.
I think for the amount the iPace costs, for it not to have these kinds of features is an issue as competitor cars at a similar prices have things like 360 cameras. It should be there really.

NeilR said:
coleby1007 said:
Do you. So when you're reversing do you just look at the 360 or reversing camera as well? The 360 on my merc I only ever looked it when I was parking in a space and I could use the arial view to make sure I was in the space properly.

Both.

We have to reverse out of the garage, then reverse around a tight bend with a kerb at the side and avoid that and our other car parked on the other side. The 360 works a treat for that. I really don't want to kerb the 22" alloys!

NeilR said:
coleby1007 said:
Likewise, after first encountering 360 cameras it has been a must have for every car I have had. I think it's particularly important for the iPace to manoeuvre effectively in tight spaces because you always have more room than you expect from just a drivers seat view. I just wish the JLR implementation was not so shouty when you are still some way from obstacles.

I simply would not have a car without it.

coleby1007 said:
NeilR said:
coleby1007 said:
Do you. So when you're reversing do you just look at the 360 or reversing camera as well? The 360 on my merc I only ever looked it when I was parking in a space and I could use the arial view to make sure I was in the space properly.
I use it entering car parks or narrow lanes, manoeuvring in tight spaces, parking in car parks, on the road and on my drive. You see both 360 and the most appropriate directional view simultaneously (so 360 and rear, or 360 and front etc.).

If you have 21" or bigger wheels I would have thought it would save a fortune.

I tend not to look at the clearview mirror so much for reversing when I have the cam view on though.

I've just had the mail from my fleet team to say my MY22 HSE Black will no longer have HUD due to chip shortage. No other issues though, so I am presuming Clearsight still in the build.

Have been asked if I want to cancel order.

On the list the new BMW i4 M50 Gran Coupe has just appeared. E-Tron Estate and Sportback 55 with Black/S Line still available, as is the EQC Prem Plus.

Would you guys cancel on the basis of no HUD? I was looking forward to it..

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.