Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts
Have you looked at MY21 there must be some around? I looked 3 weeks ago and found mine I picked up yesterday everything I wanted on it bar wireless charging. I have used the HUD for 30 miles so far and it is a good feature.

I work in IT and the Chip shortage is causing major delays from Docks to Servers, Jaguar is in the que like everyone else.
Have you thought if you swap brands what's sayings they don't pull a major accessory before delivery.

coleby1007 said:
For me 360 cameras are a waste of time. I only use reversing cameras. The 360 camera I guarantee you will almost never use. It literally hold no purpose other than it looks pretty cool and people seeing it for the first time will be impressed. I can't comment on hud as I've never had it although it's Specced as standard on the new 22 iPace I pick up tomorrow.
Will update &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
I also use the 360 camera during reversing, as well as rear view, mirrors etc.

Barthog24 said:
Have you looked at MY21 there must be some around? I looked 3 weeks ago and found mine I picked up yesterday everything I wanted on it bar wireless charging. I have used the HUD for 30 miles so far and it is a good feature.

I work in IT and the Chip shortage is causing major delays from Docks to Servers, Jaguar is in the que like everyone else.
Have you thought if you swap brands what's sayings they don't pull a major accessory before delivery.
Agreed on the chips. Other manufacturers could have similar issues, so I'm going to stay with the iPace. Has to be MY22 as it's a company car to replace existing vehicle from 1.3.22. As much as I wanted the HUD, in reality I navigate using Apple or Google maps in CarPlay, so I'm not missing out on too much.

Hopefully no other options will be affected.

I've just been informed that my new i-pace will know not come with Head Up Display due to chip shortages. There was no real explanation and zero discussion. All my dealer could tell me was that all new i-paces's will now not come with HUD for the foreseeable future and there's no idea if it will return at all. I asked if i delayed my order would that make a difference but it appears not as they are stating 12 months lead time for delivery on new orders and they will not be ordered with HUD. I'm so disappointed with Jaguar over this but I get the feeling they don't care.
Hi richardblayney, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns. However, I can advise that the decision to remove the Head-up Display (HUD) from new vehicles has been made by the business in response to the ongoing supply constraints with semi-conductors.

This is an ongoing situation, and Jaguar are monitoring it closely.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me, or the vending retailer.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK

Hi richardblayney, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns. However, I can advise that the decision to remove the Head-up Display (HUD) from new vehicles has been made by the business in response to the ongoing supply constraints with semi-conductors.

This is an ongoing situation, and Jaguar are monitoring it closely.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me, or the vending retailer.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK
Thank you for your input Dan.
I appreciate that this decision has been necessary and that the global supply shortage of semiconductor chips will continue for some time, but please pass back to the powers that be, that I and doubtless many others are holding back from replacing our vehicles until the HUD is available again, so once the supply chain improves, this should be a priority issue.

I have HUD but "deal breaker" - absolutely not. It's cute but unnecessary.

I now understand new order cars are missing much more than HUD. They are now missing satnav, cruise control, rear view camera, 3D cameras, electric tailgate, park assist, tech pack and data connectivity. I will sweat my current petrol car until such basic equipment reappears on the iPace and order one then. A "premium" car without Satnav is a contradiction in terms.

I now understand new order cars are missing much more than HUD. They are now missing satnav, cruise control, rear view camera, 3D cameras, electric tailgate, park assist, tech pack and data connectivity. I will sweat my current petrol car until such basic equipment reappears on the iPace and order one then. A "premium" car without Satnav is a contradiction in terms.

Do they still have wheels and seats?

😇

It does beg the question doesn't it? To be fair, it is not Jaguar's fault. It is an issue for all electronic devices with semi conductors. But shelling out £70k+ for a vehicle without such basic equipment is none sensical.

Psst.. second hand? Good value..strong residuals.. all the bells and whistles!

Reactions: KapilDev
It's a shame really because I really, really want an iPace HSE and get on board the EV train. But now is not the right time. It is not even if these things could be retrofitted into the care afterwards, they are built into the car. Will wait for the situation to stabilise.

It's a shame really because I really, really want an iPace HSE and get on board the EV train. But now is not the right time. It is not even if these things could be retrofitted into the care afterwards, they are built into the car. Will wait for the situation to stabilise.

Have you trawled around all the dealers to see what they have in stock or as demonstrators that they could get permission to sell from JLR. It was early September when I did this and Croydon Jaguar managed to get permission from JLR to sell their demonstrator that they were due to receive at the end of September. It may be too late now, but if you really want an HSE with all or most of the bells and whistles it may be worth a few calls directly to the franchises.

I've just been informed that my new i-pace will know not come with Head Up Display due to chip shortages. There was no real explanation and zero discussion. All my dealer could tell me was that all new i-paces's will now not come with HUD for the foreseeable future and there's no idea if it will return at all. I asked if i delayed my order would that make a difference but it appears not as they are stating 12 months lead time for delivery on new orders and they will not be ordered with HUD. I'm so disappointed with Jaguar over this but I get the feeling they don't care.
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your post and your patience in waiting for a response.

For me to investigate your concerns further, please may I request that you send me a PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details
Your post code

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK

My order for an HSE has been in since December. It is what it is. All industry's are suffering with the semi-conductor shortage issue. It is not Jaguar's fault.

Either way the OP is due a settlement, the only question is how much. It's easier to quantify the loss of HUD (as it has an option cost). The cost of having to cancel and wait for a new car from another supplier is harder to quantify but a valid claim.

Consumer law is very much on the side of the buyer. If you are easily fobbed off though you will get sweet FA.
Not that simple they have a contract to supply what was ordered. There is loss to the purchaser if they take delivery or they don't which is legally enforceable. The buyer cannot compel JLR to supply something they simply cannot but it does not mean that JLR get a free pass.

Either way the OP is due a settlement, the only question is how much. It's easier to quantify the loss of HUD (as it has an option cost). The cost of having to cancel and wait for a new car from another supplier is harder to quantify but a valid claim.

Consumer law is very much on the side of the buyer. If you are easily fobbed off though you will get sweet FA.
This is not the case. The small print on the order / contract clearly states that Jagaur reserve the right to change the spec on any car without notice. Yes they are not able to supply the car as ordered but there is no legally binding recourse to the prospective purchaser.
I agree that there should be compensation from Jaguar but they have well and truly covered themselves here and actually need to offer nothing (Other than a refund to the customer of any deposit paid).

We had the same with an EQC Premium Plus we had ordered which had around £3k of options taken off it because of the chip shortage (Wireless Charging, Augmented Sat Nav, Energising Comfort & Burmester Sound System). Mercedes wouldn’t even consider a reduction of the price of the car...not one penny. They were offering customers a £250 John Lewis voucher and said take it or leave it. Mercedes weren’t bothered, they knew they would easily sell the car elsewhere as demand currently far outstrips supply. We cancelled the order and have since placed an order for the iPace.

This is not the case. The small print on the order / contract clearly states that Jagaur reserve the right to change the spec on any car without notice. Yes they are not able to supply the car as ordered but there is no legally binding recourse to the prospective purchaser.
I agree that there should be compensation from Jaguar but they have well and truly covered themselves here and actually need to offer nothing (Other than a refund to the customer of any deposit paid).

We had the same with an EQC Premium Plus we had ordered which had around £3k of options taken off it because of the chip shortage (Wireless Charging, Augmented Sat Nav, Energising Comfort & Burmester Sound System). Mercedes wouldn’t even consider a reduction of the price of the car...not one penny. They were offering customers a £250 John Lewis voucher and said take it or leave it. Mercedes weren’t bothered, they knew they would easily sell the car elsewhere as demand currently far outstrips supply. We cancelled the order and have since placed an order for the iPace.
Just because a contract says that one party can do anything they want and the other has zero rights does not make that enforceable.

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations are intended to address precisely this sort of situation and in most cases make such clauses unenforceable.

Just because a contract says that one party can do anything they want and the other has zero rights does not make that enforceable.

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations are intended to address precisely this sort of situation and in most cases make such clauses unenforceable.
I’m not sure what your point is?

Jaguar aren’t trying to enforce anything. They are saying you can’t have the exact spec you ordered because we’ve modified it slightly, as per the T’s & C’s you signed as part of the contract upon which the basis of the order was made. They are saying you can have the car as we supply it or obviously you can have your deposit back because we acknowledge we can’t fulfil our side of the deal, There isn’t anything the individual customer can realistically do to make Jaguar supply them the vehicle as per the order and they’ve even signed a document to that very effect.

I’m not sure what your point is?

Jaguar aren’t trying to enforce anything. They are saying you can’t have the exact spec you ordered because we’ve modified it slightly, as per the T’s & C’s you signed as part of the contract upon which the basis of the order was made. They are saying you can have the car as we supply it or obviously you can have your deposit back because we acknowledge we can’t fulfil our side of the deal, There isn’t anything the individual customer can realistically do to make Jaguar supply them the vehicle as per the order and they’ve even signed a document to that very effect.
The point I am making is that contractual term is almost certainly going to be ruled unenforceable.

A supplier cannot enforce asymmetric contracts like this (we can change anything and it's tough, you always lose if you change style agreements).

Whilst compelling JLR to honour the spec in the order placed is not likely to be viable pursuing a claim for the value of the missing items (using the options cost as the guide), is possible and I did exactly this when my MY 21 was delivered without steer and park assist (which was removed from the model without notice).

Much depends here on the timing of notification of the change. If the day after placing an order you are told there is an issue the case is weak, if 6 months later or at delivery the case is very strong. You do not crystallise the loss (nor have a valid claim) until delivery is complete but a letter to the dealer reserving rights to pursue a claim in the event of a spec shortfall at delivery seems a sensible move

But to accept less at the same price would to me be an extremely stupid response. Ultimately lower spec cars are going to be worth less too at resale. If you are told at the time you order that you will be getting less for the same cost and you choose to accept this then I guess that's on you.

Those buying despecced MY22s at full price just make my full Spec MY21 relatively more valuable for resale.

Reactions: Jim55
41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.