Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Release notes are attached. Anyone get it via OTA yet?

4X4I SCREEN
  • The screen will show the correct pitch and roll angle of the vehicle
APPLE CARPLAY
  • Turn by turn voice guidance will now work in Apple CarPlay Maps
INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER CONTROL MODULE B (IPCB)
  • When playing FM radio source the IPCB will no longer show a Gray background
COMPASS VIEW
  • The north indicator "N" in compass view will be updated when there is a theme change
HOTSPOT CONNECTIVITY
  • Improved stability of Hotspot functionality
DVD
  • Improved stability of DVD functionality
ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CHARGING
  • Charging port will flash green instead of blue when charging
MEDIA PLAYER
  • Album art is now available in media library
STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
  • Improved stability of Steering wheel control functionality after using rear media feature
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT (RSE)
  • Video can now be played on both rear screens at the same time
  • In the rear right screen, the text for passenger and driver seats are no longer swapped in German
SELF-LEARNING CAR
  • Improved stability of self learning car mode
SETTINGS
  • In the Chattanooga region in USA near the Eastern/Central time zone border the infotainment time is now no longer 1 hour behind in Auto mode
  • Telematic Control Unit Module (TCU) installation popup will no longer display message in English while the language is set to Chinese
SYSTEM
  • Improved stability on start up
TIMED CLIMATE
  • Timed climate icon will no longer appear on Interactive Display Module 'A' (IDMA) while vehicle is in motion

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
As I suspected, after a call to the dealer, the update was available and installed OTA in 15 minutes. The voice guidance is finally solved!
There is NO wireless CarPlay, polskiadamski is probably talking about the Pivi Pro update in 2020+ cars, not about the InControl Touch Pro one...

Car Automotive design Vehicle Satellite radio Personal luxury car

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
"
ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CHARGING
  • Charging port will flash green instead of blue when charging
"
???? I never have seen the charging port flash blue - nor have I seen it flashing for longer than 5 seconds. The I-pace is one of the few BEV that doesn't show it is charging from outside - most cars show somewhere a (blinking) light indicating that charging is ongoing but not the I-pace.

·
Registered
103 Posts
???? I never have seen the charging port flash blue - nor have I seen it flashing for longer than 5 seconds. The I-pace is one of the few BEV that doesn't show it is charging from outside - most cars show somewhere a (blinking) light indicating that charging is ongoing but not the I-pace.

This update is for all JLR ICTP/ICTP Duo vehicles, maybe other cars behave differently...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, a call to your dealer, or to JLR [(800) 452-4827 in the USA]. You simple need to direct them into Topix, where there is a 'Vehicle Software' tab with a button that they can click to push the latest version to our vehicle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Got it! Called my dealer and talked them through the Topix actions (many thanks golar3). Within 5 minutes the car showed update available. Now downloaded and installed. All good.

Reactions: golar3

·
Registered
105 Posts
Downloaded and installed - I confirm we have voice guidance back on CarPlay navigation. Shame it took 6 months to get back to where we were prior. I've missed those voice commands, glad to have them back. Also I used to have to press play twice on media to make it work, now only needs one press like before the last update.

Comment on the blue flashing light - I think that was supposed to be for timed charging wasn't it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have updated to 21B. Audio on Waze through CarPlay is back but...the volume on Spotify fades and can't be adjusted when I click to the CarPlay screen. It comes back if I dis-connect and re-connect my 'phone. Has anyone else got the same problem?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Updated on Tuesday without the need to ask the dealer to push. My car is currently awaiting a new SIM Module so OTA must come via the JLR TCU SIM rather than eating the data on the customer SIM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts