Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everebody... Just taken delivery of a brand new(21) SE... it was a dealer 'in stock' car so no choice of options but it had a panaramic roof and came in Eiger Gray and in my wife's view looked stunning so it now sits on our drive.
Had XF's before so I am a 'little' bit of a Jag fan.. and thankfully the IPace doesn't disappoint and it's proving to be the perfect car for our current needs..
One thing that has disappointed is the quality of the sales people Jag have in their dealerships.. which is surprising given the competition out there..
The forum is proving really useful and has given me plenty of helpful information... so thanks for everybody's contribution..

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It is amazing how little many new car sales people actually know about their products isn't it, unfortunately its not just Jaguar, many other brands suffer from the same, I guess its because many new car buyers go to the trouble of learning as much as they can about the product before purchasing, the sales people don't need too, lazy buggers! (n)

Reactions: Ksarul

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think they are more interested in selling you Gap insurance.
if it was me selling cars I’d be playing with all the toys they had and love showing the customer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Completely agree re:Jag dealership staff ... waiting for my new iPace Black to be delivered and there is almost no communication with the dealership (Jag SW London) - guy that sold me the car actually left Jag after he sold it to me to focus on a career in Classic Cars ! - guy that took over had to prompted (by me) to get in touch and then since has gone completely cold turkey - I know there are logistics problems with deliveries at the moment but a courtesy call once in a while would be appreciated, especially when you're forking out c£70K - I'm on the verge of cancelling my order and going to the local BMW dealership to order an IX3! TBH BMW are not much better IMHO :cautious:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Completely agree re:Jag dealership staff ... waiting for my new iPace Black to be delivered and there is almost no communication with the dealership (Jag SW London) - guy that sold me the car actually left Jag after he sold it to me to focus on a career in Classic Cars ! - guy that took over had to prompted (by me) to get in touch and then since has gone completely cold turkey - I know there are logistics problems with deliveries at the moment but a courtesy call once in a while would be appreciated, especially when you're forking out c£70K - I'm on the verge of cancelling my order and going to the local BMW dealership to order an IX3! TBH BMW are not much better IMHO :cautious:
I'm haveing exactly the same experience, ordered 2 weeks ago still no order number or any sort of update. Did you have to compromise on any spec HUD ect because of global chip shortage?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everebody... Just taken delivery of a brand new(21) SE... it was a dealer 'in stock' car so no choice of options but it had a panaramic roof and came in Eiger Gray and in my wife's view looked stunning so it now sits on our drive.
Had XF's before so I am a 'little' bit of a Jag fan.. and thankfully the IPace doesn't disappoint and it's proving to be the perfect car for our current needs..
One thing that has disappointed is the quality of the sales people Jag have in their dealerships.. which is surprising given the competition out there..
The forum is proving really useful and has given me plenty of helpful information... so thanks for everybody's contribution..
Your correct about the lack of knowledge of salespeople. The tech of an EV needs time to live with. I have a 2020 iPace and although I'm not stupid, I needed to be told that a front facing camera is not a viewing camera, just used as a sensor. You have the updated Defender software, far more intuitive than mine. Over time you will probably answer your own questions. The 2020 online manual covers the basic,SE and HSE and is not particular to your spec. You get used to this if it’s still the same.

If you need to speak to someone techy, good luck, they won’t come to the phone. Oh, and don’t pull out your garage with your charging flap open. Wooops

·
Registered
640 Posts
Your correct about the lack of knowledge of salespeople. The tech of an EV needs time to live with. I have a 2020 iPace and although I'm not stupid, I needed to be told that a front facing camera is not a viewing camera, just used as a sensor. You have the updated Defender software, far more intuitive than mine. Over time you will probably answer your own questions. The 2020 online manual covers the basic,SE and HSE and is not particular to your spec. You get used to this if it’s still the same.

If you need to speak to someone techy, good luck, they won’t come to the phone. Oh, and don’t pull out your garage with your charging flap open. Wooops

·
Registered
640 Posts
Part of the problem is that the dealer groups also sell other brands, my local dealer also sells VW, Audi, Volvo, Toyota and Honda, that’s just in my town, others elsewhere. They don’t really care which brand you buy, there is a high chance you will choose a car from another branch.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It would have made sense to limit the number of dealers who could sell and support the iPace so JLR could cherry pick the best and ensure those selected had adequate facilities and resources to support the car just like Nissan did with GTR and Nismo sales and service.

That ship has now sailed. JLR needs a major dealer cull but I guess this is tricky when they want to maintain sales but on the Jaguar side of the fence they really need to get a grip of things if there aspiration to move upmarket is to have any credibilty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts